Valued Contributor

Isaac Mizrahi - if between sizes, size up or down?

For the TSV, if between sizes, would you recommend sizing up or sizing down?

Thanks for any recommenations.

Respected Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi - if between sizes, size up or down?

[ Edited ]

When it comes to a top you need to make sure it fits well in the bust measurement otherwise it will pull too tightly across your chest.  If going up a size to achieve this makes the garment too big in the waist and/or hip; all I can say is not every style is meant for every body.  

Here's another suggestion.  If you size down for a better fit in the waist and/or hip you could maybe wear a minimizer bra to get a good fit through the chest.  Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.  

I often have to pass on a garment because I know it just won't look good.  I'm a bit surprised at the chest measurement for this TSV as it seems on the small side especially because there are 2 layers of fabric.  I myself am going to pass on this item.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would check out the fit on the models...at the midnight hour i noticed one of the thinner models had the blouse on and it seemed too tight on the arm...something i would not be comfortable with...

Perhaps she did what truffle said...better to have a good fit in the body part...so the model sized down...

Me, i like room..even if it means the top is a bit loose in the body..so i would automatically size up...

Good luck with whatever you choose...Hope you like it..

Valued Contributor

For me, personally, I usually need to size up in Issac's clothes.  The TSV is really pretty, but I don't believe it would look nice on my body type.  I am small through the bust and big in the tummy.  In fact, I'm having to return one of Issac's gorgeous dresses due to being not suited for my body-type. Smiley Sad  I hope you enjoy your purchase, as the tops are really cute.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brbfromTX wrote:

For me, personally, I usually need to size up in Issac's clothes.  The TSV is really pretty, but I don't believe it would look nice on my body type.  I am small through the bust and big in the tummy.  In fact, I'm having to return one of Issac's gorgeous dresses due to being not suited for my body-type. Smiley Sad  I hope you enjoy your purchase, as the tops are really cute.

I'm the odd one out.  I do not like this TSV at all.  I didn't think anyone looked good on it, and I did not like the sleeve length.  I thought the fit was off on everyone.  I think one needs to be super small in the waist with an average-sized bust to pull this off.  I agree with you--you can't be huge busted or small busted to look good in this due to how it fits.

The colors are lovely though.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered this special value top in three colors. And I love this top the style and the lace. I stay with my size small in IM fashions. And they fit me true to size.[I ordered white,  yellow and black].Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Personally I order to the larger size in his tops.  I am between a S and M, and have found his tops to be more fitted, especially in the arms.  In Susan Graver, almost always a S for me.

Honored Contributor

Word to the wise. Size up in Isaac and Linea clothes. Check to see if it's 'fitted' or 'semi-fitted'.  Fitted is only for the flat chested and no fat back or bra side fat folks. No shoulders either. If your Halle Berry, then, bless you.

If anything I get from those 2 is a tad loose on the hip I wash in warm water and see how much it conforms, if it's still not a custom fit for my odd shape body then I'll throw in dryer for a few minutes till I get it exactly way I want it.

Respected Contributor

The better fit for me with Isaac is to size up.

I bought the TSV in Cadet Navy.  I love that Cadet Navy that he does. 

Honored Contributor

If we have slim upper arms, I'd stay with our normal size.  If not, then size up.  It looks as though this lace top hangs very nicely and is very forgiving because of the lace.  Enjoy! Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).