Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi Peplum Cashmere Sweater TSV

@Marlyn1

You can see the hanger right through it at the shoulder. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like peplum tops and I like cashmere...but this Isaac sweater is not exactly what I had in mind. For me it would have been cuter if the neckline were more open and the hemline shorter.

@SilleeMee

EXACTLY! His peplum starts and stops in the wrong place!

I love a traditional peplum.

This 'peplum' gives the tall slender models an hour glass figure; those of us that already have one just get exaggerated hips!

I don't really get what is peplum about this sweater at all actually.

@Lipstickdiva

A proper peplum should stand away from the body; not cling to it

Image result for TRADITIONAL PEPLUM

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@Marlyn1

You can see the hanger right through it at the shoulder. 

It's ridiculously overpriced for a mass produced TSV--made in China.  It should be $79 and change MAX.

I'm not interested in it.

I'd rather spend $130 at Anthropologie.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Do they think we are blind when they say they aren't see though? I can see where T shirt the model is wearing under the sweater stops, and where  the pants begin. I don't like the shape of this at all and I'm slender. It's too fitted on the top and too flared at the bottom, but the strange thing is it looks tight across the back, and all the flare is in the front. I like my swing sweater from another brand better at half the cost. Sorry Isaac, this is a pass for me.

Especially  the lie is so obnoxious because you can see through the sweater on the page where the orders are placed and it is so obvious . The model has a cami and then you can see the pants. 

Honored Contributor

This sweater should have been called a "flared-hem sweater" and not a "peplum sweater". 

Esteemed Contributor

If I was going to pay $130.00 for a Cashmere sweater, it would not be peplum and would have to be petite. I don't know any cashmere sweaters that you can wash. When I bought cashmere, I had to dry clean it. That tells me alot about the quality. I am not buying any clothing that is not for petites. They do not fit properly and are way too long. The one petite model I saw the sweater was almost hanging to her knees. The sweaters appear to be see through. The model wearing the gray one had a black top underneath it. So, I think the sweaters would need to be layered. Carolyn looked terrible this morning in the white sweater. She had so many layers on it was way too much for her figure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have last year's IM cashmere tunics.(I purchased 3 colors on ebay for less than the price of one on Q)  The quality is nice.

The TSV is cute but I'll wait and see if it shows up on ebay.  The seller I bought my others from gets a lot of QVC items. I like it with a thin turtleneck underneath and belted.

Honored Contributor

I would rather have 5 nice tops or sweaters  than to spend $130 on one sweater that is a style that is trendy.

Honored Contributor

No; much too thin and terrible neckline.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This sweater should have been called a "flared-hem sweater" and not a "peplum sweater". 

YES!!!!!!  Thank you.