Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or does anyone else think this Bob Mackie jacket, looks like a clown suit?

It's a fun sweater but not for me. I wouldn't say it is a clown suit...but it is a bit Seussian.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or does anyone else think this Bob Mackie jacket, looks like a clown suit?

I don't care for it either. Bob may have forgotten he's not costuming for Carol Burnett anymore.

Valued Contributor

Why start a thread with an insulting phrase like that? Just to get attention, I think.

Because do we really care whether you liked this Bob Mackie piece? I saw it, passed on it, and it didn't cross my mind to comment on it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it....just a fun sweater to throw on when its chilly out...or to keep at your desk at work....or take to the movies in case the A.C. is on too cool...or a restaurant that is way too cold.....geez...I am sounding like a sales person for Bob Mackie....lol...

Super Contributor

I was a little afraid to click on this thread, because clowns terrify me! But having seen the jacket, I don't think it looks clown-suity at all. Just whimsical. I agree that anyone working with small children would probably get a great response from all the bright colors and buttons.

Esteemed Contributor

apparently OP is the only one that thinks its a clown sweater....I just checked...

Teal only has 3x left

Blue...only 3x...

Red...1x 2x and 3x...

Brown....1x and 3x....

Grey all sizes available.....

I think its adorable....

Super Contributor

Maybe it's better in person. It's definitely not my taste, but I think it would look better with solid color buttons for sure.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered it in the brown in XXS though I was initially on the fence about it. When I heard it was selling out quickly, I decided to go ahead and order it. The buttons were what was making me not sure but worse-case scenario is that I will replace the buttons. I think it will look really cute with leggings and boots. I hope I'm right.

Honored Contributor

it has been in stock for a few years; too busy for me

Respected Contributor

Oh, you devil! Hilarious, but there is a resemblance. I like Mackie's more sedate numbers, much like other designers like Diane Gilman. In the '90s, I bought a twin set at Filene's Basement that I thought was the bomb. It was black knit with big yarn flowers on it (a similar color scheme to Mackie's sweater here). I was shocked when Peg Bundy wore that EXACT tank and sweater on Married With Children. I still liked it, but I did question my own taste, since her clothes were supposed to be a joke. Oh, well!