Respected Contributor

Re: Is 40 too old to wear a french braid?

my .02 is the french braid is a "young"look.  it all depends on how your face appears in profile .  if you have a nice profile then go for it.  the style is not so flattering if  you have a lax chin and neck line.

Honored Contributor

No, it's not. 

Respected Contributor

If you can put your hair in a French braid, then do it.  Don't give another thought to what others think.

Respected Contributor

No!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

A regular French braid is fine, but this, NO-

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@CritterKeeper  Your whole look sounds like it was perfect for warm weather & quite lovely.

years ago, a wonderful woman told me that when we look good, a criticism given is very often driven by jealousy.  

so you just wear your lovely French braid, know you are looking good & be sure not to let those "negative nellies" take your light!  🙂

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper  40 is young!

Honored Contributor

That is a really dumb comment! and rude! and probably from an older very conventional from another generation lady or someone younger who was just a tad jealous!

And now MY opinion lol is I think a french braid is so elegant and pretty and if I could do one, I would wear it too!

(and I am older than youSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

40?! I wouldn't even think 60 is too old for this classic style. It's a pretty, more face-framing way to wear the hair back.

I am so sick of the "too old for" mentality. If you feel you're too old for it and you'd therefore be insecure, fine. But don't knock people who like a certain hairdo/color/clothing style because of their age. 

Honored Contributor

Seriously, no.

A French braid is very 'tres chic!'

French braid, Herringbone...any braid says you've put thought into your style. Rock it, girl.