Valued Contributor

Interesting Article on why Women Aren't Shopping

The Washington Post has an entire article about why women aren't shopping for clothes Here

comments even mention QVC

Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting Article on why Women Aren't Shopping

I wish I was in the group that isn't shopping.  My shopping has increased.  Interesting article.

Trusted Contributor

For me, it's quality.  I have to love it and it best fit really well.  I find that in very few lines.

Esteemed Contributor

@lianne

Thanks for posting this interesting article...I particularly loved the comments!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@lianne

Thanks for posting this interesting article...I particularly loved the comments!

Me too!  Most times, the comments are better than the actual article!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Those comments are really good!  What was that thing "quality", they kept bringing up?    It has been so long since there were actual clothes that fit a real body. Maybe the models can state their real size when they are finally wearing clothes that fit them.

One lady talked of sewing again.  I keep thinking I need to break my machine out and oil it up.

Honored Contributor

@lianneCould you please post?  I don't want to give them my email and they won't let you read.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I don't see the article listed here, but some are saying thx for posting. Where is the story, please?

Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

The Washington Post has an entire article about why women aren't shopping for clothes Here

comments even mention QVC

@lianne

Interesting article, but I didn't see any comments about QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I read the article and some of the comments (on an ipad the page will reload and you lose your place reading, and when the page reloads, the comments don't). I think what's being left out is that fashion is experiencing "the perfect storm" of an uncertain economy, high prices, and a changing work and home environment so there's less discretionary money to spend on clothes.

People are looking for alternatives to highly priced clothes and that means shopping online, off price retailers, thrift stores, and ebay. Young people are creative and having clothing swap get togethers. Also some millenials are not buying stuff as they save for trips and experiences. 

Bottom line is that the consumer isn't able, willing, or wanting to be the engine that bails out the economy and that extends to fashion as well.