Honored Contributor

you will know the answer to the reason so many of the designers fashions on q are similar.I was quite surprised to read this,

Honored Contributor

Re: If you read Rachael's blog

for those who may not know where to find the blogs.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/My-Trip-to-NY-City-and-Visits-with-our-Vendors-There/ba-p/3163994

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read Rachel's blog and don't know what you mean. I always appreciate it when posters are clear about what they mean and not assume others will know.

Honored Contributor

An excerpt from the blog..."In fact, Elaine produces clothes for several brands including Linea by Louis Dell’Olio, Quacker Factory, andJoan Rivers.  Each piece goes through multiple steps before we see the finished product. There’s a sketch, color decisions, fabric selections, body creation, pattern making, sample production, specification adjustments, and production (this is a loose translation…lol)."

So those 3 apparel lines are grouped together. They prob do the same for the other 'house' brands, grouping them by similar designs, fabrics & target demographics. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

An excerpt from the blog..."In fact, Elaine produces clothes for several brands including Linea by Louis Dell’Olio, Quacker Factory, andJoan Rivers.  Each piece goes through multiple steps before we see the finished product. There’s a sketch, color decisions, fabric selections, body creation, pattern making, sample production, specification adjustments, and production (this is a loose translation…lol)."

So those 3 apparel lines are grouped together. They prob do the same for the other 'house' brands, grouping them by similar designs, fabrics & target demographics. 

Plus Bob Mackie, he was the first one according to  Rache blog and after this 3 designers. Susan Graver has her own studio. I saw blog sometimes ago simse to me it was written by Sandra. She was there and it were pictures also. Very organize place. 

Respected Contributor

Plus Xcel Brands owns Isaac, Halston and C Wonder. 

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting. Thanks for posting. I never would have guessed that Linea and Quacker Factory used the same designer! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rachel also mentioned her visit to the Carole Hoffman and Stan Herman Team (non-plural).  So both those brands apparently share the same designers as well. 

Honored Contributor

They still may not all use the same designer -  it would seem a company with that kind of clientele, with that many different large orders would employ a large staff.

Makes sense to me -  I just have not been imagining Louis or Isaac or Susan or any one else sitting in a lonely studio sketching each garment in detail.  They may be the ones who sketch suggestions and sign off on the final drawings before manufacture, but it just doesn't make sense to me that every detail is under their eye at all times.

If we actually listen to Susan, she often talks about the efforts of others in her company and I'm not thinking of her accolades to her MIL or her daughter.  She makes it obvious she doesn't work alone.

I think the same thing happens with the large jewelry lines.  We see the spokespeople and like to assume they do it all.  I just don't think they do.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

you will know the answer to the reason so many of the designers fashions on q are similar.I was quite surprised to read this,

Huh?  I just read the blog and still don't know what you were surprised to find out. That these vendors are all located in NYC?  That QVC peeps visit them? Evidently I'm missing something here. 

@ETA @Chi-town girl Thanks for clarifying what the OP was talking about. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett