Honored Contributor

If You Love Fifties Fashion-A Designer's Nod To Beautiful Clothes!

[ Edited ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO9kWZTBY3U

Unbelieveable fabrics and gowns that trail behind.  These designers are in the business of dreams!

You won't believe the wedding gown with unbelieveable sleeves!

Ralph and Russo

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Love Fifties Fashion-A Designer's Nod To Beautiful Clothes!

Wow!  They are talented and the collection is fabulous.  I think almost everything in their collection could actually be worn!  Most Haute Couture is usually art, and gives you an idea to start with.  If you like a gown, they modify it for you.  But these gowns were wonderful, feminine, and wearable.  I mean, wearable if you are one of those who attends functions to actually wear one of the gowns.  Not me.  But I could see a few as Oscar fodder!

Esteemed Contributor

O WOW... I LOVE these....so elegant!!

Trusted Contributor

Many of them were beautiful. 

I did think a few of them were over the top and awful😳Especially the bird feather creations. 

The wedding dress, I'm sure was a work of art, but I can't imagine anyone actually wearing it. I was afraid that poor tiny girl would collapse from the weight of it. 

Contributor

Magnificent!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the find. They are some nice, pretty, and feminine clothes. Refreshing. I could even wear a few of the slim skirted outfits.

Esteemed Contributor

What an exquisite collection!  It was refreshing to see such beautiful, feminine gowns.  So lovely.  

Honored Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

Many of them were beautiful. 

I did think a few of them were over the top and awful😳Especially the bird feather creations. 

The wedding dress, I'm sure was a work of art, but I can't imagine anyone actually wearing it. I was afraid that poor tiny girl would collapse from the weight of it. 

Shoekitty said

When they presented the wedding dress, I was worried she would fall.  OM, she walked funny, as if she was swaying with the weight?  She just walked funny.  She is a top, top model, so I know it wasn't her.  Yes, the sleeves were an artsy flair, for show I am sure.  But wowow, the bead work was amazing!

Honored Contributor

Yikes.......MY "fifties fashion" came from Ward's catalog.................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Stunning!!!! The work of true designers. Other self proclaimed designers should not flatter themselves. And almost all of it made sense to me. Thanks for sharing!