Super Contributor

I watched Linea for the 1st time!

I was not impressed. Yes, the clothes were nice looking. But, what was with the jewelry-it almost looked like he was trying to distract from the clothes? I especially loved the red sweater and jacket-but I would have no place to wear them. I think the models really sell that line. Only Maria was a large-no plus size models? I'm very disappointed, but glad you all love it!

Honored Contributor

Re: I watched Linea for the 1st time!

i have to say that i do wish he would use a broader range of models also. i suppose he has his ""favorites"" and prefers to work with them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

IMO, what really sells this line is the quality and excellent design of the clothing. As a plus size woman, I find most Linea items extremely flattering and fit very well. I don't love every single Linea item as some seem to, but nobody does jackets like Louis. My first purchase was over a year ago, it was the TSV jacket, and I was kind of blasé about it all until I received the jacket. I have never had a jacket fit better, ever. It looked and felt so much more expensive than it was. I have found that to be true of much of his line.

Trusted Contributor

Isn't Maria 1X now? She has gained a lot of weight and is no longer a L. The clothes are great basics and Louis does a great job styling them with jewelry. I think that is his style-- good quality basics as backdrops for bold jewelry. I wear jackets to dinner, movies, theater as well as work, so they do work for most lifestyles, IMO.
Honored Contributor

The jewelry is definitely 'runway design'. It makes everything more 'edgy'. Sorry you were disappointed.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼