Honored Contributor

Re: I have to pass on the new ""cowl neck knit dress""

On 5/6/2014 Sheesh said:
On 5/6/2014 sunshine45 said:

i am rethinking ordering this dress also. i didnt care that much for the look on ANY of them and i was not that impressed with that neckline. it barely looks like a cowl neck. i wonder why he didnt go all in and do a true deeper cowl neck. it is one of my favorite necklines when done well.

i have this one by LOGO and it is a wonderful exaggerated cowl neck.

LOGO by Lori Goldstein Sleeveless Cowl Neck Knit Dress

still interested in the tee shirt dress though.

Last year Louis did the Feather Jersey Cowl neck Top in the Flamingo Pink which is very similar---it had a very deep cowl neck. I have it and love it, along with the matching lined skirt it makes a great dress look---did you try it?

yes, i have that top already in the flamingo pink and in the aqua and i love it. i was looking forward to a nice rayon/spandex dress though......the materials are different.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

After reading this thread I just watched the video of Jackie in the dress (I did not watch the show). I did not think Jackie looked that terrible in the dress. It is the type of fabric that shows very lump and bump.

Super Contributor

This material is exactly the same as that used by Lori Goldstein in LOGO. I know some will say it's a different weave or whatever but it's not. Rayon span is rayon span and it shows every lump and bump in 3D unless it is a looser flowy sort of piece like Lori designs.

Super Contributor

On 5/7/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

This material is exactly the same as that used by Lori Goldstein in LOGO. I know some will say it's a different weave or whatever but it's not. Rayon span is rayon span and it shows every lump and bump in 3D unless it is a looser flowy sort of piece like Lori designs.

Ruh roh....you may have just opened a can of worms {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I love the idea of this material but have learned the hard way it just does nothing positive for me and my flaws. This particular dress was appealing to me, too - I love the slight cowl neck.

Respected Contributor

They are absolutely NOT the same fabric, and I own both. You could not possibly make that statement if you too owned a garment in Linea's rayon/span and Lori's. Linea's has much more body and isn't anywhere as thin. Not all jerseys are the same as you claim. I happen to like them both, but sorry they aren't the same.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Dear! Comparing a LInea item and a item from another vendor made from the same fabric combo and saying They are identical will get you a long lecture from the fabric expert and a 15 day suspension of your LInea buying privileges.
Respected Contributor

I've had both of these jerseys too; the Logo one is very thin compared to the Linea one, but both are soft rayon/span and do drape and flow with the body. The heavier weight ones like Linea I can wear, but not the Logo. Had to send that one back, eeek.

Super Contributor

I haven't noticed the Logo items showing backfat. Did I miss it?

Trusted Contributor

On 5/7/2014 KathyPet said:

Oh Dear! Comparing a LInea item and a item from another vendor made from the same fabric combo and saying They are identical will get you a long lecture from the fabric expert and a 15 day suspension of your LInea buying privileges.

Some of us ARE fabric experts! I LIKE learning from someone who has expertize that I don't have. Don't you?

Esteemed Contributor

I passed on this dress as well once I saw it on Jackie. I had been considering the gray or the pink, but it simply didn't look like it was flattering and well, I know my own body type well enough to just wait for something that has more structure to it.

My personal favorite is ponte knits because they have structure but give to them.

I also have to agree that the Jackie didn't look comfortable walking in those shoes. I've seen that walk on other hosts and models when they can't bend their foot so they look like they are on stilts.