Super Contributor

Re: I got rid of my bootcut jeans

I have a couple pair of boot cut jeans and I think about donating them from time to time, as they really are not flattering on me. I think it might be time to donate them.  They really do not work with boots for me (at least none of the boots or shoes I have), and just make me look odd-shaped. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF!! I love your new avatar! That boot is so cute.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee

Thank you, Sillee!  It's so weird about that avatar.  I was pretty sure I'd never have one because...well, because I'm overly cautious about pasting something from my desktop blahblahblah.   But, the other day, a poster was asking about avatars and a few people gave advice on how to do it, so I started fooling around and went into my profile and there was this pic of the boot that I posted about 2 years ago...how that particular pic got into my profile page I have no idea at all (since I post pics from all sorts of sites), but anyway there it was and I clicked and clacked and fooled around and, lo and behold, I have an avatar!  Thankfully, I kind of like it LOL!!

I actually posted that pic because I bought the southwestern-style beaded thingies (Soft Surroundings) to tie on my black boots...I wish I owned a pair of teal ankle boots!!  Hope you are well...have a great day!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@TY

What size are you? I'll take them! Woman Wink

@Lipstickdiva

Sincere question here: Why does the bottom of your jeans dictate the top you wear? You said you only wear skinnies with long tops but my thinking is that the top of your jeans should fit the same, from skinny to flare, regardless of what happens at the ankle....

Honored Contributor

Bootcut was not the in shape of jeans for too long.  I prefer a straight leg.  I remember when Lisa R. wore the boot cut all the time making her look heavier than she was yet she thought they made her look thinner.  She finally broke out of those jeans and wore different styles and looked so much better.  Straight leg is always in.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@TY

What size are you? I'll take them! Woman Wink

@Lipstickdiva

Sincere question here: Why does the bottom of your jeans dictate the top you wear? You said you only wear skinnies with long tops but my thinking is that the top of your jeans should fit the same, from skinny to flare, regardless of what happens at the ankle....

I don't care for a loose and long top over a non-fitted bottom.  I wouldn't pair a loose tunic over a flare jean, trouser jean or bootcut jean because I don't care for that look.  If my bottoms are fuller or looser, I want a more fitted top.  If my bottom is fitted, I want a looser and longer top.

I know we aren't talking about this but I really, really hate a long and loose top over a super full pant like a palazzo.  Well, I really hate palazzo pants anyhow but seriously, I hated that Iman TS the other day.  I thought that look of the loose tunic over those pants was just sloppy and added pounds.  When I tuned in at midnight and saw Iman in that floral ensemble, I thought she had on pajamas.         

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva

Yes I get the fitted v. loose but I'm referring to length.

You said you wore long over a skinny jean but dont your jeans fit the same through the waist and hips?

I wholehearedly agree on the Iman TS. I don't think the long loose tunic over long loose pants did anyone any favors.

Valued Contributor

When I walk in bootcut jeans, they make a swooshing noise at the ankles.  I don't buy bootcut anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

Yes I get the fitted v. loose but I'm referring to length.

You said you wore long over a skinny jean but dont your jeans fit the same through the waist and hips?

I wholehearedly agree on the Iman TS. I don't think the long loose tunic over long loose pants did anyone any favors.

Through the waist yes but they don't fit the same through the hip.  My skinny jeans are very fitted on me through the hip area.  My straight leg or trouser jeans are looser on me and fall differently down the leg. 

I personally just don't like the look of a long, loose tunic with a jean that flares or bells at the bottom.  The proportion looks off to me.  It has nothing to do with how they fit through the waist and hips.   

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

I still like bootcut because they balance out the hips or at least in my mind.I heard that from Lisa years ago and it stuck.

Well yes, of course Lisa, who is a bit thick in the thigh, would say that. Until she decided to begin wearing skinnies almost exclusively.  Then that sales pitch flew outo the window.  😊

If I recall correctly, it was Isaac Mizrahi who strongly encouraged her to give up her bootcuts.