Respected Contributor

Re: I got rid of my bootcut jeans

I like both. Depending on my shoe choice.

Skinny for high boots and the bootcut for my heeled boots - that can be dressed up with nice dark wash jeans with a 'tiny' bit of bling on pocket lol!!  Summer it is skinny with flat sandals/flip flops and boot cut with my heeled dressier sandals. It is all good as long as you are happy.

Styles and trends go and come...skinny jeans are going to go the way of flare ...and then we will be left with bootleg again.

Now the style that are sliced, diced, frayed and holes all over can go..If we were foreced to wear jeans to school as kids with holes we would be upset.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

I'm a size 14 in most clothing including jeans!

@Andreatoo

@Lipstickdiva

If I wear a pair of skinny jeans, I wear a top that has more fabric or volume on the top like a tunic. I don't wear tight fitting tops or short tops at all and I wouldn't pair a top with length and/or volume with a pair of pants with volume on the bottom like bootcut, flare, or palazzo pants as that wold make me look bigger, wider, or heavier.

For example, I don't think that the trend for the Joan Rivers big shirts paired with wide leg pants is a good look but that's what I've been seeing lately.

Honored Contributor

They will pry my bootcut jeans out of my cold dead hands lol. I have flares that I love too.

I do not have the body to wear skinny jeans. I am 5'10" but my body is not right for skinnies. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

I don't have any boot cut jeans and it has nothing to do with like or dislike.  Ok, now don't laugh.....but I am 5'1 and wear a size 5 shoe. Boot cut jeans totally cover my shoes and I look like I have no feet!!  It's true.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

One of the reasons I stopped wearing bootcut jeans was that the pant hems would get wet wicking water from the sidewalk and street. It started to drive me crazy that I would be rolling my pants hems while I was outside. And eventually those jeans hems would fray and get ruined. And then I started wearing skinny jeans and eventually never looked back.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I will continue to wear both.  Different shoes, different looks, different jeans.

I agreeSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have only a couple of pair of boot cut jeans/slacks and need to add to them.  I won't be ridding myself of my boot cuts.  I look better in bootcut slacks/jeans because it makes my waist look narrower.  They look better on my body shape than others do.

I do have skinny jeans (I love hue jeggings and others), but I want the boot cuts too.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl ~ your response cracked me up.  So true!  I'm 5-3, size 6 shoe.  OK, I'm like a giant next to you.... but, I have a difficult time getting jeans that are The Perfect length for my feet and shoes.  There's no fudging with boot cut - they can't be even a 1/8-inch too short or too long.  But a skinny jean can be a little bit long and who cares?  If they're too short, just roll them to ankle length.  Too long, they can hang over the heels of flat shoes and it's all good.  Skinny jean lengths are very forgiving. 

And... skinny jeans make me feel tall. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I like my bootcut jeans. They are not going anywhere. Except in the washer. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

Whether you like or dislike boot cut jeans, one thing is for certain: once you get rid of all of yours, they will come back and be the biggest fashion trend around, especially the "vintage" ones.  LOL