Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Andreatoo 

Hmmmm, I kinda like these and have not worn shorts in years.  Not sure I can sport a tucked in shirt like you have, however.

They remind me of the Madras plain shorts I bought when I was a teen.  They were for teen boys, but I liked the baggy look.

They look cute on you!

@Witchy Woman 

they're very breezy and cover my knees which I appreciate! LOL I don't know who decided that women should only wear fitted shorts or that the available 'baggy' ones should be the matronly knits with an elastic pull-on waist?!

L.L. Bean has some nice madras bermudas but they're not as roomy

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo 

I so wish I had kept my Madras plaid (not plain!) items.

Authentic Madras is almost impossible to find now, and very expensive.  I liked the feel of the slubbed cotton and the colors.

I'll take a look at the LL Bean shorts...but my short-wearing days might be over.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep your shorts top of mind.  This may be the summer I try them out.

Honored Contributor

OMG--there are no words.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Glad you found what you were looking for. Enjoy wearing them! 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

OMG--there are no words.

@RetRN 

You're correct. So why bother with the snark? I'm well aware they're not everyones' cup of tea so what is your point?? Mean is fun?

Honored Contributor
@Andreatoo When you post a photo of yourself especially in something "different" you risk getting negative comments -- what you are calling snark - as well as the positive ones you were probably expecting from your friends and admirers. IMO I don't think those shorts, esp the first pair, are at all flattering (they make you look very disproportionate) and you could probably find a pair that are equally comfortable but more flattering.
You posted, you get opinions.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Yes. I posted. This does not mean I forfeit my right to respond.

Save your hypocrisy for a Logo thread

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

OMG--there are no words.

@RetRN 

You're correct. So why bother with the snark? I'm well aware they're not everyones' cup of tea so what is your point?? Mean is fun?

I don't understand the need to be mean, I really don't. I know I've hurt people's feelings before, but I have rarely (if ever) done it on purpose. 

Re: clothing --- not all styles are for everyone. But someone posts a picture of something they like and they model it on their body and they've acknowdedge it's not a look for everyone .. I'm just going to say bravo or nothing.  I did LOL when I saw the title of your thread and thought Andrea found her shorts!!! 

Happy you found the shorts. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

love love them!

me too, as far as looking for full shorts (wanting 10" inseam)

I did have some Cargo shorts (Columbia) and got rid of them! Dang it!

You look so great!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I like them.  But then, I am a huge fan of cargo pants.  I don't like to carry a purse when we travel, so I wear a lot of cargos to carry all my stuff -- except I don't have any shorts, just capris and long pants.  (old Travel Smith catalogs)

Thanks for the pix

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt