Respected Contributor

Re: I broke my own rule and ordered velcro strap shoes!

My adversion to velcro has to do with the fact the straps are usually thick and sort of clunky looking.  I prefer a thinnier strap with a buckle.  If I cannot buckle the back strap myself, my husband helps me out.

Velcro gathers a lot of stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I knew it was just a matter of time before you came over to our side!  ðŸ˜Š

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I think they're adorable!!  ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š

Honored Contributor

I have bee thinking about them to wear with jeans and you talked me in to ordering. They look comfortable and stable to me. I ordered the khaki.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have always detested shoes with velcro.  As a general rule, if a shoe had a velcro strap of any kind, it was a deal breaker for me.  A couple weeks ago I was watching AMStyle and Leah was showing a pair of Skechers wedge sandals that looked similar to a pair of Clarks wedge sandals I loved but thought were too expensive. 

I had reservations about the velcro but ordered them anyhow.  They came Friday and I love them.  I still wish they didn't have the veclro but the shoes are stinking adorable IMO and they seem like they will be super soft and comfortable, although I've not worn them around.

My DH saw them and told me the velcro should have been the least of my concerns.  He thinks the shoes are ugly.  I did ask his honest opinion and I laughed when he told me.  My SIL shook her head when she saw them too.  LOL  I ordered them in the natural shade. 

Skechers Women's Parallel Trapezoid Wedge Sandal   

@Lipstickdiva

Okay ....   Maybe I'm missing something here but ..... just what is your problem with velcro that you have made up a "rule" about it?    

I'd be curious what you other "rules" are, lol.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

My adversion to velcro has to do with the fact the straps are usually thick and sort of clunky looking.  I prefer a thinnier strap with a buckle.  If I cannot buckle the back strap myself, my husband helps me out.

Velcro gathers a lot of stuff.

I"ve never had any of my Earth or Sofft shoes with velcro gather " a lot of stuff".

Thick and clunky looking shoes are thick and clunky with or without velcro.  All of my shoes with velcro (and I own 4 or 5 pairs) are super cute and not clunky looking.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

LOL  Hi Magic!  How are you?  I have several Earth shoes with velcro and I always get so many compliments on them.  The Coriander style is one that I own in all the colors!  Very comfy!  AND VELCRO!! LOL

Hope you have a great day!

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

LOL  Hi Magic!  How are you?  I have several Earth shoes with velcro and I always get so many compliments on them.  The Coriander style is one that I own in all the colors!  Very comfy!  AND VELCRO!! LOL

@winamac1:  I am waiting on my Coriander shoes to arrive.  They look adorable and comfy.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

@winamac1:  I am waiting on my Coriander shoes to arrive.  They look adorable and comfy.

I love Coriander!  I actually have 2 pairs of the black, LOL!

Honored Contributor

The velcro part doesn't bother me but my single experience with Clark's is that the tread wears down so quickly! I stopped wearing them when I stepped off a curb and ended up on my rear end!

Sure it was wet but when I looked at the bottom of the shoes they were as smooth as a baby's bottom....

Was this a fluke occurance? I've been hesitant to buy them ever since...