Honored Contributor

I Would Like to See ONE show really about fashion.

I miss the old format shows on QVC where one or two grown and adult women get together and talk about what someone could really and how you could accessorize and get different looks from your wardrobe.

I would like a show that is about how to make your closet look better, dressing is easier, and you can move forward through trends and update your classics as you go along. What is the material first and foremost? How do you care for it? How does it fit? What colors does it come it? Show me a few purses to go with it, and shoes.

Sometimes I want to watch and just cannot sit through the joking around, the silliness, and the long presentations of one or two items, or information about someone being a "fit model" for the gazillionth time.

I'd just like to see some clothing and someone more interesting than me putting things together to give me some new ideas.

In all the years we have had tv shopping, and I do like seeing the clothes on people and live, how come there is so little of this? Not all your viewers are airheads. Some people just want to buy clothes and shoes and bags. Don't they? {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

Re: I Would Like to See ONE show really about fashion.

I must admit you have a point about some shows that really drag on with only a couple of items for an hour. It's likely never to change.

Super Contributor

That sounds more like a ""magazine style"" show rather than a shopping channel. I think they need to show and sell a certain amount of products per hour to make money ... and they need to make money to stay on the air.

Haven't there been a lot of those type shows on other stations over the years? I think they've all gone off the air for lack of audience interest.

Honored Contributor

Fantastic post! You go girl!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I would never buy a beauty product from TV, those who would have plenty of opportunity to see them on the multiple beauty shows. I don't want them mixed into fashion or style shows. I like a faster pace with shorter presentations so more items are shown. The clearance shows on HSN are perfect, they move along rather than spending 15 minutes on one thing.
Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 occasional rain said: I would never buy a beauty product from TV, those who would have plenty of opportunity to see them on the multiple beauty shows. I don't want them mixed into fashion or style shows. I like a faster pace with shorter presentations so more items are shown. The clearance shows on HSN are perfect, they move along rather than spending 15 minutes on one thing.

I feel the same way. That's why I only watch individual vendor shows.

Honored Contributor

Sooner - when I think back to even the early years - the Kathy Levine shows, etc. - there has never been a whole lot of what you want. I remember the laughter from those shows, not much of what she was selling.

In a way, LR's show on Friday nights was trying to do what you're wanting, but for me that was too much fashion. My life is so casual now that what I want isn't edgy. I shop for fit, for fabric, for color, for workmanship and fashion be d*mned. I don't even know what the shopping channels could do for me. I'm not loving a whole lot of what I see on QVC, I don't like anything on the other channels, and I'm not even happy with 95% of what I see where I used to love to shop.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 millieshops said:

Sooner - when I think back to even the early years - the Kathy Levine shows, etc. - there has never been a whole lot of what you want. I remember the laughter from those shows, not much of what she was selling.

In a way, LR's show on Friday nights was trying to do what you're wanting, but for me that was too much fashion. My life is so casual now that what I want isn't edgy. I shop for fit, for fabric, for color, for workmanship and fashion be d*mned. I don't even know what the shopping channels could do for me. I'm not loving a whole lot of what I see on QVC, I don't like anything on the other channels, and I'm not even happy with 95% of what I see where I used to love to shop.

Millie, I think we were separated at birth, lol. I could have written your post, almost word for word. I, too, wonder if I'm no longer a viable viewer for the Q when it comes to fashion.

I love what OP posted, and wish that the Q could figure how to infuse at least one or two programs with this structure/concept. Surely someone has enough business acumen to create a show which combines selling through cross product presentation with a tutorial on fit, fabric and wearability?

And yes, I have about reached my limit with long presentations/shows with only a few items.

I do change the channel more and more.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:
On 4/4/2015 millieshops said:

Millie, I think we were separated at birth, lol. I could have written your post, almost word for word. I, too, wonder if I'm no longer a viable viewer for the Q when it comes to fashion.

I love what OP posted, and wish that the Q could figure how to infuse at least one or two programs with this structure/concept. Surely someone has enough business acumen to create a show which combines selling through cross product presentation with a tutorial on fit, fabric and wearability?

And yes, I have about reached my limit with long presentations/shows with only a few items.

I do change the channel more and more.

I agree wholeheartedly with both of you! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

They seem to forget each presentation is a first presentation for a segment of the audience. Cover the important stuff each time, please. What bugs me the most is not telling us if its knit or woven. Sometimes its just not that obvious with the synthetic fabrics. They omit this on the website, also.