Regular Contributor

These floppy, , no shape vests just don't make sense to me. They look sloppy and I can't get the point.

Respected Contributor

I agree. They look pretty horrible to me. If you have to work like a dog "styling" something - and by that I mean adding some overwhelming scarf, layering it over or under something, fussing around and/or buying some stupid stretchy tank or cami, the piece itself doesn't have much value. A big slouchy vest is only for covering up something you should be working on getting off of your body by eating less and exercising more, or it is evidence of the designer's inability to pattern a garment in a way that flatters a woman's body.

The clothing should stand on its own, and not require a part-time job "styling" it to make it wearable.

Honored Contributor
They look "sloppy" and "horrible" to YOU, but to other purchasers they look "elegant" and "graceful". It's always tactful to express an opinion without resorting to pejoratives. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor
On 3/2/2014 violann said: They look "sloppy" and "horrible" to YOU, but to other purchasers they look "elegant" and "graceful". It's always tactful to express an opinion without resorting to pejoratives. Smiley Happy

Violann, I meant no insult to anyone, and that is why I was careful to use the phrase "horrible to me." It places the communication in terms of a subjective opinion rather than an objective statement. I avoided the objective statement for a reason.

Honored Contributor
I understand what you're saying, Favorite Son, and I appreciate your explanation. My personal preference is to state that you dislike something because of a specific, objective statements. Being fat, I am aware that soft, unstructured garments may be my choice for more reasons than "covering up something....."