Esteemed Contributor

How to get wrinkles out of my new Linea sweater...

I just received my Linea sweater A280938...and it is terribly wrinkled. I had it draped over a chair overnight....hoping that would do it...but it still looks terrible.

I have never received a sweater so wrinkled from QVC

20170207_070846.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: How to get wrinkles out of my new Linea sweater...

For me, I'd be getting out my Joy Mangano steamer.

Super Contributor

I put wrinkled items in the drier with a wet linen towel on the low setting for a short time.

Esteemed Contributor

@rustee wrote:

I put wrinkled items in the drier with a wet linen towel on the low setting for a short time.

It has decorative zippers on it...I don't think I can do that...Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

If I received a WK sweater that wrinkled I would do as @rustee suggested. 

Must be a very careless person's return. 

Respected Contributor

Nearly every clothing item I receive (inclucing leather jackets) arrives with wrinkles.  Without fail, I simply take the item and toss it in the drier for about 5 minutes, and it comes out perfectly soft and smooth.  With some fabrics, I will spray them down with water first, but I'm not kidding, I do this with everything, and have never had a problem.  Of course, you don't want to walk away and forget it........you want to pull it out of the machine promptly. 

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I put wrinkled clothes in the dryer with a damp towel.  The wrinkles come out.  I think it would still work with zippers.  Alternatively you could wash the sweater and see if they come out.  If not, I'd send it back.  I've been burned a few times with some QVC clothes that get wrinkled and require ironing.  I don't want anything that you have to iron so I make sure my QVC clothes wash and dry well.  If they are a mass of wrinkles I send it back.

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  I use Joy Mangano's My Little Steamer all the time to get out wrinkles

when I get new clothes.  I use it on LOGO, Susan Graver, etc. and wrinkles just go away like magic.

Honored Contributor

I would return it.  It obviously is a returned item that they balled up and stuffed into a bag and sent it off to you.  Shame on QVC for sending something like that to a customer.  But, if you want to keep it, embellishment or not, put it in the dryer on the low or fluff setting for just a few minutes.  That will take care of the wrinkles.  People say this type of thing happens to them frequently, perhaps I've been lucky.  Everything I receive comes to me in pristine condition and packaged nicely.  It's one of the reasons why I shop with QVC so much. 

Respected Contributor

A steamer really is great for taking wrinkles out of items you don't want to run an iron over. (It's what stores use to prepare clothing to put out on hangers and shelves.)

Mine is My Little Steamer by Joy Mangano. I think my model cost around $25. It is so worth the investment. Doesn't take up much room in a cabinet or closet. Can be bought online, and I think Bed Bath & Beyond carries them, too.

That won't help you right this minute, though. I've read that you can put a wrinkled item on a hanger and hang it up on the shower rod in a steamy bathroom, and it will take wrinkles out. (Just run the shower with hot water for a minute or two before you start.) Travelers are often advised to do this.

Another option is to iron the piece - but take the precaution of covering it with a towel or a pillowcase, so the iron doesn't come in contact with the fabric. Use low heat! That's what I used to do before I had a steamer.