Regular Contributor

Re: How many returns do you send back to Q now from former years?

I return about 70% of my purchases...been with QVC for 26 yrs.

Honored Contributor

@suzycue wrote:

That begs the question did you get the infamous "letter?"

Respected Contributor

I probably send one item in 10 back. I play it safe.

Honored Contributor

I used to purchase quite a lot from QVC when gold was reasonably priced and Linea was using silk and linen.  I don't care for where the Linea clothes have gone so I only purchase an occasional item and I like Isaac's cotton t-shirts, scarves and 24/7 tall pants but that is about it.  I don't like to shop so I purchase from other on-line retailers.  If the quality is really bad or it shrinks I will return - not as much as before but I am buying much less.  

Respected Contributor

I return far fewer things because I seldom watch QVC anymore so there are no spur of the moment orders.

Respected Contributor

I would say it's about the same as always.  I'm pretty careful and I don't shop as much with home shopping as I used to.  Way too much competition these days.  I did step out and purchased some DG2 items at HSN, and returned enough due to poor quality and fit until I finally stopped ordering from there.  My shopping for clothing has been mostly from online, but I'm trying to change this habit and get out more to the storefronts.  Much better value.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@suzycue wrote:

That is my question.  I thought if one returned 50% or more, they received the dreaded "letter".  

I return less as I buy less.  I have too much of everything, and I'm getting very picky.  I do buy some Logo and occasionally an IM piece.  I shop more at LLLemon, sometimes Anthropologie and Macy's.  I buy a lot from Macy's, and I have no problem running over there if I need to return something.  I have no fear of "a letter".  

I don't return much to LLLemon as their return policy is TERRIBlE.  14 days for full priced items and no returns on any sale items.  Still...I buy...ugghhh

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been with QVC since the practically the beginning, I know how to shop and I know my sizes and I know what colors and fabrics I like and I listen to presentations; so, I rarely have to return anything.  And I buy a lot of things.  I buy 2-3 items a week from Qvc.  In 2015, I had to return 3 itmes.  One was a cardigan, I returned that because I already had the exact same cardigan in my closet.  The other two were shoes that didn't fit.  To be honest, I buy from the other shopping channels too and my returns are also few and far between.  I truely believe because I am a knowledeable shopper and a realist.  Also I tend to buy only from the vendors and product lines that I know. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@suzycue wrote:

A bigger question is why does she continue buying from Qvc....who among us would do business with a company  that only satisfies us 30% of the time...?????

Contributor

I send back more now.  The sizing is inconsitent, and the size charts are not accurate for the garments sometimes.  I wear anything from size large to size iX.  My main complaint is that often size XL is either larger or the same as size 1X now when it used to be that XL fell somewhere between large and 1X.  Also even though I'm 5'6 inches I sometimes need petite or short in pants rather than a regular inseam.So most of my returns are fit issues.