Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do I sell new, unwanted QVC clothes?

It's pretty bad when you don't want new or almost new clothing and a charity doesn't want it either. How bad must it be?

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

It's pretty bad when you don't want new or almost new clothing and a charity doesn't want it either. How bad must it be?

It is not bad. It is an uneducated assumption. And a very outdated one at that.

Respected Contributor

ebay.  Take good pictures and start it at the lowest price you are willing to give it up for and you will sell it all.  If you are realistic with pricing.

Respected Contributor

eBay.

Super Contributor

I recently sold lots of clothes through Thread Up. Request a free bag on their web site. They send you a pre paid labled bag that you fill with gentle used or new clothes and shoes. I am not sure how specific with brands they are. They do stress clean and gentle use. I have sent several bags and they excepted most items. This is a very popular site for on line shopping. I did a major purge this last year. I love a minimal wardrobe.

Floral Pillow
Trusted Contributor

I typically donate but just today spoke to a friend who actually has used consignment shops with success for the shopping channel stuff.  She takes the clothing to neighborhoods that have residents with low median incomes, cheaper real estate, subsidized housing etc. and the stores take all items and they do sell.

Honored Contributor

@RhondaRena wrote:

I recently sold lots of clothes through Thread Up. Request a free bag on their web site. They send you a pre paid labled bag that you fill with gentle used or new clothes and shoes. I am not sure how specific with brands they are. They do stress clean and gentle use. I have sent several bags and they excepted most items. This is a very popular site for on line shopping. I did a major purge this last year. I love a minimal wardrobe.

thanks for mentioning this site. for those interested, the site is called THRED UP. i might request a bag  and send them some things to see how they sell. note......i dont see any qvc or hsn brands mentioned in their buy list. @RhondaRena did you send them hsn or qvc items?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@RhondaRena wrote:

thanks for mentioning this site. for those interested, the site is called THRED UP. i might request a bag  and send them some things to see how they sell. note......i dont see any qvc or hsn brands mentioned in their buy list. @RhondaRena did you send them hsn or qvc items?

@sunshine45  I took a look at the site , and just happened to see a Susan Graver item when I was clicking around, so then I did a search for a few QVC and HSN brand names.  I saw items from LOGO, G.I.L.I, Dennis Basso, IMAN, G by Giuliana, etc, listed.  HTH   

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

great! thanks @I like celery. i didnt even think to do a search.

i did just receive a 40% off my first order offer from thred up since signing up last night.

i was looking at the list of brands that they accept and only saw a limited list of brands....and didnt see anything from shopping channels.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I take my unwanted clothes to a consignment shop to try and make a little money on them. What they dont sell they donate.