Super Contributor

Re: How Does Everyone Feel about the ""NEW"" Shipping$$$ and Return Costs?

I love it. I rarely return things and usually if I do the item is defective.

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 ibb38 said:
On 3/19/2015 TexasMom1 said:

Leeny, when the garment measurements are so far off the mark, that item is defective. I would call CS and tell them so you can get your s/h back. Sorry you have to go through this. Just saying....

Agreed- and they should also waive your return shipping fee!

I want to THANK EVERYONE for their responses to my question. I am not new to QVC by any means, but I am new to this forum. I never realized until recently, to use this forum to ask and share with others regarding questions and etc. I will take your advice and call customer service and see what they say. I know in the future I will be more careful and wise to what I buy. I guess it's another sign of the times. Again Thank You to all who have responded.

Honored Contributor

Since I usually opt for UPS shipping it does not affect me and since I usually UPS the returns back it also does not affect me, but I understand the annoyances

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

The new policy has really made me think twice before ordering from the Q. For example, I might of tried the TSV dress today but since I'm unsure of sizing and unsure if I would even like it on me, I don't chance it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Leeny said:
On 3/20/2015 ibb38 said:

Leeny, when the garment measurements are so far off the mark, that item is defective. I would call CS and tell them so you can get your s/h back. Sorry you have to go through this. Just saying....

Agreed- and they should also waive your return shipping fee!

I want to THANK EVERYONE for their responses to my question. I am not new to QVC by any means, but I am new to this forum. I never realized until recently, to use this forum to ask and share with others regarding questions and etc. I will take your advice and call customer service and see what they say. I know in the future I will be more careful and wise to what I buy. I guess it's another sign of the times. Again Thank You to all who have responded.

Happy to help! I recently returned a Joan Rivers jacket- I compared the measurements to the click here measurements, thinking I'd call cs that they were off. But they were all within 1/2" of what was posted!! Drats I thought initially !! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} - but then it also gave me renewed faith in the click here measurements.

Honored Contributor

They are a mess. Not everything is $3, and you no longer get S&H refunded on returns, nor half S&H when you buy multiples of an item. They are probably also increasing the initial price of the items.

In short, this is more lucrative for them than it is for us.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen initial prices of items go up- as I mentioned earlier I think it's QVC's way of controlling returns. After all, the warning letter didn't sit well with most!

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't even know how to go by the garment measurements since I don't have that particular garment and never in my 55 years have I ever bought anything by measuring the garment. So, if people use that chart, that explains why there are so many sizing issues. I use the body measurements at the top tab or in the description. I am totally honest with myself, I assume nothing. If I have any doubts at all about a clothing item, I just don't buy it. I know what looks good on my body, I know what doesn't look good on my body. So, even if something fits, I won't buy it if I know the style doesn't complement my body. So, I can honestly say that I buy 80% of my clothing from QVC and I rarely return anything. One more thing, I only buy from 3 or 4 designers. That way I know how they cut things, I know the fit, I know the fabric, I can coordinate colors. Yes, I LOVE this new $3 shipping. I'm sure I'll have to return something at some point but it won't be an issue because I'm not a chronic returner. I do think that QVC hopes that the new shipping policy will decrease the number of returns. If the chronic returners have to assume the cost of returning items, they will be more careful about what they purchase. There will be less "if I don't like it, I'll return it".

Respected Contributor

TexasMom1, I did what you told me to do. I called customer service and they will credit the return shipping amount. I will say the representative was not too friendly. I believe this will be my very last clothing purchase. The garment measurements were not even close to what was stated on line. I believe it was a labeling error and that is not the buyer's fault. Thanks for encouraging me to make the call. Just FYI, have you noticed that QVC does not list their phone numbers on the packing slips anymore? Not a big issue, but I just noticed that.

Respected Contributor

How do I feel about the new QVC shipping/return costs?

I no longer shop from QVC.