Honored Contributor

Re: How/And Do You Like Pockets In Tops?

I don't need or want a pocket in a top or blouse. I like a jacket to have pockets. Pockets on longer length boyfriend cardigans are ok if they lie flat. Pants pockets are ok if they are on the seam and add no bulk to my hips. 

Honored Contributor

On a casual shirt  like the TSV I think those pockets are appropriate. I can't think this particular shirt would "dress up" much.

Respected Contributor

I don't like them, especially those little tiny useless pockets on the bottom of the top.  Looks silly.

Honored Contributor

It really depends on the pocket but, in general, I don't want pockets on my tops. There are exceptions. A flat patch pocket might be OK, might not be. Pockets with flaps are deal-breakers.

I don't use pockets on tops so I am concerned with how they look empty. Being functional is not an issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Joan Rivers plaid big shirt that I haven't worn since I purchased it last year. It has sat in my closet for nearly a year. I am not a button down shirt person and I think I bought this thinking I would wear this like a jacket. Well, it's not going to happen and this item will soon be purged from my closet.

Super Contributor

I love pockets on comfy tops.. like boyfriend shirts and LOGO tops..  Don't like tiny pockets..  

Respected Contributor

They are a selling point to me. I appreciate well made ones that fit in with the design . I like kangaroo pouches especially in casual & lounge wear. I love to have a place to warm my hands, keep a tissue, & lip gloss.

I can do without chest pockets for the most part --what woman is going to actually use those?  I do appreciate them on the little cheapie t-shirt nighties I buy (usually at wal-mart) as it keeps me from throwing it on backwards then wondering why it is so uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

A patch pocket on the chest is not a deal-breaker for me but I don't like the low-hanging ones in the front. Hidden on the seam is fine but I generally don't wear long shirts anyway so it's a moot point
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't like pockets on tops or tees.

I don't think I own any tops with pockets (although one might have slipped past me).

Honored Contributor

I do not like pockets in my tops.....pants either unless they run straight left to right, (I don't know the technical term).  Most pant pockets just add weight to the hips and never lay flat.  I never take the treads out of dressier blazers.