Trusted Contributor

Hot in Hollywood Jeans...awesome...but

Was so excited to receive these jeans......thought I'd found the HG of boyfriend jeans. And they would be if the size wasn't soooo big!!! I ordered my normal size, according to the size chart...and they are huge!!!! I mean, like at least 2 sizes too big. I ordered a 6 and  I think a 4 might even be too big. So frustrated!!! They're sold out now and I'm out return shipping fees even though I went by their size chart.

I hope they get more in stock, but I'm hesitant to reorder....don't want to have to send back yet another pair. But, they are really well made and just what I was looking for. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hot in Hollywood Jeans...awesome...but

@grandma petes  Not that you would know this, but I think when they call them "boyfriend" jeans, they mean that it's a very loose fit.  I found that out the hard way just like you did.  I'm a size 2 or 4, so it's already hard to find a jean that doesn't fit like a "boyfriend" jean!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I read on their size chart that the fit is loose and is four to six inches bigger than the body measurements shown.I was afraid to order after that because I don't like baggy saggy backsides in my jeans.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes I would call their customer service and ask for garment measurements and also see if they won't give you a fee free exchange due to lack of sizing information.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered a L because during the presentation, the model Jess said she was wearing a L and she is a bit larger than I am. The waist on these jeans is too big for me. I carry my weight in my thighs/hips.  These "jeans" are no exception to the usual situation: if the pant is big enough to fit my thighs/hips, then the waist is too big. The material felt excellent, but I just could not justify keeping even one pair of these (I ordered indigo and dark indigo, if those are the names - sorry, I'm not looking but going on memory). Another thing that did not help for me was the distress marks in the "denim" around the hip crease / top of thigh. That is the last area I need accentuated. Too bad this sort of jean did not turn out to be the miracle some of us were hoping it would be.

Contributor

When I buy a boyfriend jean, I will always size down one size. I like my jeans fitted.
Trusted Contributor

thanks....I did call CS and they will make the adjustment. They were very well made jeans. I'll wait for them to come back in stock (hopefully) and try again.

Respected Contributor

I ordered these, but the best "boyfriend jeans" I've found and bought were the American Eagle brand! They were more weightier jean material with little to no spandex and I love them. I have 2 pair and I think I've had them for 10 years. American Eagle is my go to for jeans!! Love them

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

Was so excited to receive these jeans......thought I'd found the HG of boyfriend jeans. And they would be if the size wasn't soooo big!!! I ordered my normal size, according to the size chart...and they are huge!!!! I mean, like at least 2 sizes too big. I ordered a 6 and  I think a 4 might even be too big. So frustrated!!! They're sold out now and I'm out return shipping fees even though I went by their size chart.

I hope they get more in stock, but I'm hesitant to reorder....don't want to have to send back yet another pair. But, they are really well made and just what I was looking for. 

Wow-you got them in one day? 

I ordered a pair of white and sage. I may send one back.  I ordered a smaller size as I thought these jeans ran big.  I hope they fit.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1

I think you're thinking G, not Hot in Hollywood.....