Esteemed Contributor

Host giving easy pay price without stating it is easy pay

I just heard Nancy give the price of an item using the easy pay price but not stating how many payments or that it was the easy pay price.  If I didn't look at the tv I would never have known the REAL price.  Please be careful to give out the true price or all the information if you are breaking it down to easy pay payments so that folks don't get mislead.

I don't use easy pay myself but just wanted to give a heads up to double check the price if you are just listening to her talk and not viewing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Host giving easy pay price without stating it is easy pay

They do that all the time "you can get it home for just $15 " and then don't bother to mention that is $15 x 4 . Buyer beware.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

They do that all the time "you can get it home for just $15 " and then don't bother to mention that is $15 x 4 . Buyer beware.

Yep, I never order anything without looking at the full price and checking shipping costs. I also comparison shop if I know the item is available elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I never purchase without looking at the full price, and to be honest there is no way that you could complete the purchase without knowing the full price.

With that said SB is the worst offender of this. She always gives out the e/p price without ever stating the full costs.

I was watching a show once, where she actually compred the E/P price to the retail value cost. I just thought it was very wrong.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

any more I will look at the screen or computer if I hear them mention any price under $50. Smiley Happy there are so few! Even tank tops.

Super Contributor

After having a rather large balance because I used easy pay, I won't do easy pay ever again.  If and when I purchase something, I just pay it all at once. It cuts down on what I buy, but for me, it's a good thing.

Honored Contributor

The other day I caught some of Jennifer hosting on Vicenza day and several times she gave only one easy pay amount but worded it so if you weren't paying attention, you'd think it was the total price.

Yeah you can't complete an order without knowing the full purchase price and yes you'd have to realize that the piece of jewelry is going to cost more than $10.00 but I still think it's deceptive.   

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The other day I caught some of Jennifer hosting on Vicenza day and several times she gave only one easy pay amount but worded it so if you weren't paying attention, you'd think it was the total price.

Yeah you can't complete an order without knowing the full purchase price and yes you'd have to realize that the piece of jewelry is going to cost more than $10.00 but I still think it's deceptive.   

It is definitely deceptive.  When the host says that you can get something home for $10, she should say "on easy pay" and how many payments.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

It's sad to realize how many shoppers think only in terms of "how much it costs to get it home" with little thought given to the fact that the quoted payment will reoccur over 3, 4, 5, or 6 months and that they'll have to write a check for that amount multiple times!  Also sad how eager QVC salespeople are to capitalize on many shoppers' shortsighted weakness in this area.

The smarter you shop, the more you'll save.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RubyinNE wrote:

After having a rather large balance because I used easy pay, I won't do easy pay ever again.  If and when I purchase something, I just pay it all at once. It cuts down on what I buy, but for me, it's a good thing.

Yes, me too.  I got tired of trying to figure out what all the easy pays were on every statement, becuase I always write down the item next to the charge.  But I found that when I order on my phone, it automatically gives me easy pay.  I decided that if I am not wililng to pay for it in full in one month, then I don't really need it.  Years ago I did make the mistake of buying a blazer thinking the easy pay price was the full price.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead