Valued Contributor

Horrible reviews on items, remind me of the bashing of this forum!!!

I aways take the reviews on items with a grain of salt.  And after reading all the complaining and people quitting the forum because of the new format make me think that maybe alot of reviews on items are just written by people that just love to be up in arms over any little thing.  

Just my observation.   What do you think??

Honored Contributor

Re: Horrible reviews on items, remind me of the bashing of this forum!!!

@Cookie06 wrote:

I aways take the reviews on items with a grain of salt.  And after reading all the complaining and people quitting the forum because of the new format make me think that maybe alot of reviews on items are just written by people that just love to be up in arms over any little thing.  

Just my observation.   What do you think??

Hi Cookie, I wonder too. 

Honored Contributor

I tend to agree with you both.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I check both negative and positive and weigh them out.If there is more negative than positive I trust that as probably not a good item.I have bought stuff with glowing reviews and not liked it though....just trying to save money on returns and also avoiding the too many returns letter.
Trusted Contributor

I agree with you. Some people just like to complain.
Honored Contributor

I think I'm qualified to sift through reviews and make a judgment.  If someone doesn't like something I analyze why.  Do they not know 100% cotton will shrink?  Do they not know most Honora pearls are dyed?  Do they not know rayon isn't a particularly durable fabric?  What I'm looking for the most is sizing opinions and  results when something comes out of the washer and/or dryer.  Shoes?  I'm looking for sizing and quality construction.

Now for the boards. I've gotten to the point I can do what I did on the old boards, including clicking on my name in red above to find answers to questions I've posted.  As far as the hearts and bread crumbs go, I just don't care.  But the boards are a big thing in some of our lives, its been my form of relaxation for years, living alone in the woods with a husband that works out of town. Some people have serious problems and have found invaluable support here.  I hate to see them lose that because this place is now so darn complicated.   

Trusted Contributor

Amen!  I just can't believe what I read!!

Respected Contributor

It is hard to know the frame of mind of product reviewers but it is very clear on these boards that certain posters dislike just about everything. Their views are grain-of-salt worthy in my mind. I had hoped that the new format might weed out some of them but I'm sure that is wishful thinking.

I'm actually fine with people critiquing any and every line, but there are posters who seem to relish raining the parade of others -- especially those lines and products with loyal followings like Linea, Isaac, Logo and WEN. Why are these human storm clouds compelled to watch QVC and post on these boards everyday? It would be interesting to know what they are like in real life (or maybe not).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe the quality of the items have gone downhill - just like the new setup of this board. I used to love checking this board daily - to answer questions and keep in touch. Hope the people in charge realize that this new format stinks!!!!!!

I still don't know how to find my responses. Maybe, by accident, it will land in my lap.

It would be nice if there is one word at the top of the page that we need to click - to see our posts.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure many are frustrated with having to learn all over again....the old boards went smoothly for so long....now we have to search for forums we want....posts we have written...etc etc....eventually those who are so angry will adjust...each day becomes a little easier...