Super Contributor

Re: Here's why I no longer watch QVC fashion...

Frenzied is the perfect word. The talking over each other is just too much. Who wants to listen to that even for a short time?
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in agreement - I prefer the old school presentations. I'm not into the dancing, singing, and prancing with the "no more wiggle" jargon. Its too much, and takes away from the items presentation. There is too much dialog back and forth from the vendors/models and hosts. I miss the old days where the items were elegantly presented and not everyone's business discussed. 

Respected Contributor

And, it is not just fashion.  They have a vender for almost every product.  This just annoys me, and it probably drives up the prices too.,

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

And, it is not just fashion.  They have a vender for almost every product.  This just annoys me, and it probably drives up the prices too.,

I would assume that their sales data (which, apparently, is quite detailed) shows an increase in sales when vendors are present. The one that surprises me is that there is now a Diamonique representative (whose name I don't even know, since I don't often catch jewelry shows). The hosts sold Diamonique alone for YEARS, but they must have decided that having an "expert" to interact with the hosts was a positive. On the other hand, I think Carolyn's Tuesday D&Co show had a great following, but I'll bet that she and Gary together sell a lot more than she did alone. It seems that people like the two of them together ("Garolyn").

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

They don't care who watches, they care who buys.  Obviously they think this approach is working.  As for myself, the pricing is what is turning me away. 

I agree! They've raised prices to pay for the designers to be in the shows, like Gary in Denim & Co. Now the prices are starting to be $47-$49 for tops! They used to be $39 or $29 if you were lucky. I quit recording those shows & going to Target, Kmart or Shopko. That's all his designs with studs and buttons in odd places are becoming, or lace all over. I can find basic clothes without gromets around the neck locally for less.

Esteemed Contributor

And let's not forget that in the midst of unwarranted hype and price increases is a serious decline in quality. Instead of the cotton, silk, wool, and linen, we're being offered synthetic fabrics and shoddy workmanship. That has turned me off more than anything else.

Respected Contributor

It's all starting to look the same.  There are a few manufacturers making the same garments for different lines.

Honored Contributor

I'm good with how the clothes are presented and I'm good with the hosts but what's turned me off is the Q's styles have definitely changed! I used to buy the cutest styles back in the day but now? Nothing entices me, nothing. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I'm on a TOTAL Q DIET.

I got cheated out of that Louis baseball jacket and felt that I was treated poorly.  Noneoftheless, I'm sure there are 10 customers that have replaced me so they don't miss my 2 cent a week spending.

I just flip the stations and caught Mary Beth and Angel yesterday selling QF.  I normally don't watch only because Angel has these weird facial expressions, does some wacky squats and yesterday, that outfit did not fit her at all, it was pulling allover the place and just couldn't see myself in any clothing that pulls.  Anyway I'm on a Q diet and it's been a week but I'm following my diet..no Q spending.

Esteemed Contributor

This morning Carolyn said something that really bugged me during the Josie Maran segment.  They were talking about the self tanner, and Carolyn said something to the effect that you don't want to see pictures of yourself on vacation looking pale and hideous. I had to rewind and listen to make sure I heard her right.   I'm Scandinavian and I'm very pale, don't tan, and I'm good with that.  I'm not hideous because I choose not to artificially tan my skin.

OK, so this is the part that bugs me, the either/or sales tactics.  Either you use this product or you will be hideous.  Is there nothing in between?

I have no problem with her saying how lovely you look with using the self-tanner, but don't insult people who choose not to self tan, or use whatever other product they are pushing. It doesn't make me want to shop with QVC when I hear negative sales pitches like that.