Honored Contributor

Here's why I no longer watch QVC fashion...

I don't watch anymore, and I was wondering what changed to turn me off.

Does anyone remember how the hosts would sit, solo, and present the items calmly - when the hosts were not models and the vendors were not hosts?  I became less and less interested as the presentations grew more complicated.  That feeling of relaxed shopping is gone with a vendor for every presentation, everyone standing or dancing, prancing, visiting the models.

I used to enjoy watching Quacker shows, even though I rarely purchased anything, because I enjoyed the calmness of the presentations - the ladies seated at the table felt like friends visiting for tea. I know that could be considered delusional, but I enjoyed that.

I'm not usually one who is resistant to change, but in this case I guess I am because  I haven't watched a QVC fashion presentation in years. 

I suppose I'm just reminiscing about the good old days.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Here's why I no longer watch QVC fashion...

Years ago they had a fashion show every Monday called Monday morning fashions. I loved that show and the host was great. She quit when she had a baby - soon after they started the AM & PM style shows.

Respected Contributor

Same reason I don't watch anything on the Q anymore - too loud, to showy, seems like they are there for entertainment instead of selling items.  I say, just sell the item, don't do a jig for me, don't show me how cute you think you are, don't try to talk more than the vendor, just sell the item. 

Respected Contributor

As someone in an old TV detective show used to say - "Just the facts Ma'am!"  Just give the information on the item - that's really all we are looking for. 

Respected Contributor

There's just too much going on - two hosts sometimes, a vendor always.  They're talking over each other, talking to people standing out of camera range, taking calls, and not talking about the item.

The new hosts start out calm and then wind up frenzied.  It's frustrating to watch...

Valued Contributor

I agree 100%.  I have been watching and buying from QVC since 1990.  It seems like the professionalism has gone out the window.  

Valued Contributor

I think for every change someone doesn't like, there is someone who likes it better.

I never used to watch the Quacker shows, the kitchy signs, the headbands, and them sitting there like you're at a flea market just weren't appealing to me. Since Angel has taken over, I watch more (although overall I'd have to say I watch QVC less and less) and I also started buying the products. I like the interaction with the models. That was the one thing I really liked about Lisa Robertson is that she talked with the models. I don't recall them being overly silly though with her. The silly level seems to depend on who is hosting and with what vendor.

I don't generally watch much of the fashion shows anymore, as the fashions seem to be all the same.

The only time I'm likely to watch QVC for any length of time are the jewelry days. Even those shows I watch much less of. 

It's good that we're all different..😀

Honored Contributor

I agree that when they added a vendor to every show they cut the customer out of the mix. 

Mary Beth is good at engagine the viewer, so is Rick to some degree.  I feel that some of them talk to "us" but many don't.  It is a schmooze fest between host and their  "good friend" who "brought us" the item.  BORING.  Why would I want to sit around and watch that?

Frequent Contributor

I don't mind the talking to the models.  But all the Frenzied talking from the host, is it a contest with the hosts to see if they can over talk the vendor? It is not enjoyable or relaxing. fI often switch the channel.

Honored Contributor

They don't care who watches, they care who buys.  Obviously they think this approach is working.  As for myself, the pricing is what is turning me away.