Super Contributor
Searching for help here,any recommendations for jeans,I always wear bootcut,but I carry my weight in my legs,and calves and even boot cut are now fitting like leggings...not a good look..ha,any help really appreciated...size 14-16....thanks
Honored Contributor

I have a small waist and my thighs are a bit heavier...I have to fit to my thighs, then the waist is big....for jeans I have always end up with LEE brand jeans.

I recently found at Macy's Lee Platimum collection.  This was a new style for me....I purchased the indigo rinse (dark) and they fit nicely.  The waist is a bit big but otherwise I like them.  I purchased the petite for summer because I can wear low heel shoes or flip flops.  I purchase the regulars for winter, some in regular length and some in tall lengths for boots.  I never have luck at Kohls  or Penny's  looking for Lee jeans, their choices are very slim.  Macy's carried quite a few sizes.  I wear the 10 in the jean and a 12 in the same brand but a linen like fabric.  The fabric must make the difference in how they fit from a 10-12.  It won't hurt to give them a try.

These are not tight fitting jeans, more of a trouser jean....which is the style that looks best on me.

Respected Contributor

The most comfortable jeans I own is IMAN's Global Chic "Slip into Slim" Curve Appeal.  I have the straight skinny jean.  It's on clearance now for under $20.  It's a great "try me" price.  The boot cut one unfortunately is sold out in your size.

Respected Contributor
I have a pair of Talbots trouser jeans that are probably my favorite. They have a wide leg in general. I think they're flattering on my wide hips.
Esteemed Contributor

@marzi 1 Melissa McCarthy

Perhaps you may need to go to a wide leg style.  Bootcut styles vary.  Have you tried 

NYDJ

Main Image - NYDJ Wylie Stretch Trouser Jeans (Seine)

Main Image - AG Skylar Wide Leg Pants

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I bought 2 prs of Isaac's 24/7 jeans that were the tsv in February. I carry my weight in the hips & rear, & have never felt comfortable in jeans, til I found these! So comfortable, I hardly know I have them on, they wash really well, the fit is great, &  not too narrow @ the hem. I now own 5 prs! I think he makes a boot cut like these, although I prefer the straight. Item # is A285178. They received mixed reviews, but for me, they're my go-to!!

Honored Contributor

Bandelino brand from Belks are great.  There are a lot of us hour glass girls!

The straight leg style you want is Mandy.  For the best fit, don't dry them.  They shrink about 15%.

Bandolino Mandie Jean

Honored Contributor

ITiS...Even I look good in NYDJ, they are amazing and give me a body that I don't recognize!  I also love Diane Gilman for a second.

Honored Contributor

I always had good luck with Macy's brand jeans.  They seem more roomy than a lot of brands and more generaously cut.  They have so many styles to choose from and the prices aren't bad, and they usually have sales.  I have purchased many pairs there.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin