Respected Contributor

Has Anyone Bought Anything In Orchid?

Seeing this is the color of the year according to Pantone. lisa Robinson was on the Bethenny show Friday and showed women with touches of Orchid. Honestly the shadows she was showing looked like hot pink to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Bought Anything In Orchid?

One closet half full of "orchid". I am a cool tone and that color has worked for me for years. In fact, it is the only eyeshadow I will use. I have every shade ever made

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Yes, but when I did it , just a couple of months ago,it was called "berry" at the Q. Name changed to suit their need it seems. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I like those colors they look nice with my coloring. I brought a cardigan and a button down shirt.

Honored Contributor

Yes but it was merely by chance/accident and a few things were already ordered and on the way to me when the announcement came out.

If you look at the actual Pantone color, you will see that all retailers are calling anything in the berry/plum family "radiant orchid."

I think it was harder to do with Emerald last year because everyone knows what Emerald loks like, you can't sneak in a lime green or a sage green and call it Emerald like you can with "orchid."

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

This is not a color that I would or will wear. Not good on me.

Honored Contributor

I have a cashmere turtleneck I haven't worn in years in that shade (from L&T)...

I'm bringing it out this year. It looks great with gray, even with brown (and of course with black).

Esteemed Contributor

I'm behind the curve ... didn't even know there was a color of the year. Needless to say, I won't be following the trend ... don't much care for that color.

Regular Contributor

Lighter shades of any color do not work on me. In fact I don't know that I've ever found a clothing item in the entire purple family that I thought complemented my skin!
Honored Contributor

The orchid Dooney bags are gorgeous...what a pop of color!