Esteemed Contributor

Halston: Early Reviews

[ Edited ]

I ordered three pieces (and advance ordered the TSV sweater) from this collection and thought I'd post a review.

Solid scoopneck long sleeve top 

I bought Blush (pink) and Shiraz (red) in this top in my usual QVC size, XS (I wear a 34D bra but note that I like things fitted). I'm 5'7" with longer than average arms. For me this top is a total WINNER. The front hits me right across the lower lap and the back grazes the butt without being too long. The fabric is soft but has a bit of body; other reviewers have noted that the fabric is thicker than LOGO and I agree--I think it's about the thickness of her cotton/cashmere (but not a sweater knit), if that helps. If you like a deeper scoop that's not too wide, you'll love this neckline. And, the colors are very flattering (I have light skin and dark hair/eyes) especially the fleshy-pink. I went back and ordered the black, too. 

Joggers

I ordered these in black, size small. I have long legs and these were the perfect length to wear with booties. But, for me there is just too much pleating on the front; I found the pleats didn't lay flat and give me a bit of a tummy which is actually not my problem area! The fabric was also thin and even after just fifteen minutes of wear, were pretty wrinkled. For me, a MISS.

I have the Shawl collar cardigan on order; will review. 

Overall, my impression of this line is that while it's not Vince, Phillip Lim or James Perse quality (or pricing), the styles are not overly trendy and the clothes are well made. I found them to be not as fitted as GILI but not as loose as Isaac. My advice (after you look at garment measurements, of course) is to stay with your usual QVC size. 

I look forward to seeing more from this line. I think it might be a winner.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

What a fantastic review!! Very thorough and comparing it to lines most of us are familiar with is so incredibly helpful. I was just looking at this line today and based on your review, will probably try a few things. Many thanks!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @gardensla!  Fantastic reviews.  Like you I have the TSV duster on Advance Order.  I ordered the black.  I am really looking forward to this line. I was happy to hear your review on the LOGO-esque top.  Sounds like a great fit.  I may try that in black as well.  Thanks again and let us know how you find the shawl collar cardigan.  

Contributor

So happy to read Gardensia's review of the Halston pieces!  I, too, ordered 4 items--the same ones, I believe--and am looking forward to their delivery.  Hope I'm just as satisfied.  Thanks, Gardensia! 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla, thanks for your review, so detailed and informative. I had been stalking the scoop neck top since it first appeared, and your review tipped the scale for me. It helped to see that your build/shape is super similar to mine. Since I'm blonde, I went with the Shiraz. I really like the blush, but if there's not enuf pink in it, it washes me out. I was eyeing the joggers, too, but am passing based on your experience.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

I received the Insider yesterday and am still unable to see the pink drawstring it shows in the issue. The number won't take me to the bag. 

Super Contributor

@gardensla  Thanks for the detailed review.  The prices for this line so far seem reasonable.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reviews!  Is it possible to get the item number for the TSV duster, or will it just get poofed?

Esteemed Contributor

@vac wrote:

Thanks for the reviews!  Is it possible to get the item number for the TSV duster, or will it just get poofed?

Try A272457 Regular

or A272461 Petites

I just ordered one!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Its hidden, but it's there! Mouse over the first paragraph.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat