Esteemed Contributor

HAPPY W/JOAN RIVERS PURCHASES...

[ Edited ]

This purchase was a surprise for me as I'm not much of a bling person and I'm totally not an animal print person.  Not only that, I rarely need anything like this (we're casual folks lol)...but every once in a great while I need something fancy and don't want to spend $$ on clothing that I'll rarely, if ever, wear again. 

This was $27ish and really beautiful!!  The grey scarf did not have fringe (no problem for me, but eyeroll to Q pic) and had almost a blue-ish undertone (perfect for jeans).  I threw it over my shoulders and around my neck over a black sweater and it stayed put and brightened up my face.  Animal print not over-the-top.  It is not finished, so to speak, on the reverse side...lightweight...looked new...slightly picky around neck, depending on what you wear it with...

A219244/Joan Rivers Animal Attraction Sequined Scarf

Joan Rivers Animal Attraction Sequined Scarf

I also purchased this at the recommendation of another poster (in the Linea area...I think it was @lavendar   )

I really like this, too!  The watermelon color is gorgeous...similar to LDO's peony...well-made...beautiful lace...fit excellent (surprise!!!!!!)...not as big (especially in the sweep) or as long as Joan's other boyfriend shirts (my measurements 40B, 37ish waist, 42ish hip...got the med)...no pockets (no problem for me...less bulk where I don't need it)...sleeves a little short, but I roll them.

$40ish...nice summer throw-it-on-and-go shirt.

A252134/Joan Rivers Lace Front Boyfriend Shirt w/ Long Sleeves

Joan Rivers Lace Front Boyfriend Shirt w/ Long Sleeves

Very pleased with these purchases and hope it goes toward my not getting the snarky you-return-too-much letter LOL!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HAPPY W/JOAN RIVERS PURCHASES...

This statement won't be popular but.......I think the JR line should be renamed.  Perhaps 'David's Designs'.

I don't watch that show any more.

Honored Contributor

I bet neither QVC nor DAvid gets to make that call!  At least I would think that's in the hands of whatever person or corporation is running the Rivers' franchise.  Is Melissa hands on or was there always someone running the company for Joan? 

I've always liked David and for the last year or so of Joan's life, I had a funny feeling he was holding her up, metaporically speaking.

Frequent Contributor

Fashion lines usually retain their names long after the original designer is gone: Anne Klein, Liz Claiborne, Christian Dior, Alexander McQueen and Vince Camuto are no longer with us, but the lines live on in tribute.  I continue to wear Joan Rivers classics items, and am glad that the name is being retained.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know anything about the inner workings of Joan's corporation.  Except for an LDO show once in a while, I don't watch QVC.  I haven't seen any new offerings from Joan's line.  David seems like a perfect gentleman, and he's classy, too.  I'm betting that Joan wanted to keep him on board.

All I know is that I liked these 2 purchases and thought others might appreciate the reviews.  Affordable, well-made, unusual items are hard to come by. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

I've been happy with these jackets (still available on clearance).  They are not lined, but that's okay with me.  A252740

Joan Rivers Peplum Jacket with 3/4 Sleeves

Joan Rivers Peplum Jacket with 3/4 Sleeves

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

Those jackets are cute, lola.  Did you get both those colors?  I'd consider the pink one if it weren't sooooooo short! 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@lolakimono

Those jackets are cute, lola.  Did you get both those colors?  I'd consider the pink one if it weren't sooooooo short! 

@MacDUFF

You can see them on 7/1 and 7/8.  Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

I love the way you put the 7/1 outfit together...the Joan jacket fits you perfectly and is very flattering on you!  I copied your pic for others to see how that jacket fits...hope you don't mind.  I realized it's coral, not pink...does it go with your fun turtle maxi?

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

So it's Friday, and in the interest of full disclosure, I have had one glass of wine.Cat Very Happy  However, I'm stumped about the "turtle" maxi.  Do tell!Cat Tongue