Esteemed Contributor

H&M rayon knit clothes = junk!

I rarely ever buy rayon knit clothes as they pill, the material is thin, and they don't usually wash and dry very well. I had a couple of pretty tops from H&M that I bought a couple of years ago and I would wash them in cold water and hang them to dry. Well one went through the dryer and it shrunk so it's unwearable.

That's it...I tossed out both into the donation bag as these tops were cheap and cheaply made. The local H&M store in the mall usually only has clothes up to a size 12 and maybe a size 14 but it's cut small so I guess it's no loss to not buy anything else from there. I also notice the outgassing smell from their vinyl shoes and bags whenever I look at their accessories.

You get what you pay for and there's a reason that fast fashion is cheap and doesn't last. They are throwaway clothes.

Trusted Contributor

Re: H&M rayon knit clothes = junk!

I've never heard of H&M.

Respected Contributor

H&M was always a junk European chain of clothing for tight budget . Kind of Joyce Leslie junk. 

Zara  is better.

Respected Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

I've never heard of H&M.

You haven't lost anything.

Trusted Contributor

H and M, Forever 21, great store for young teens, not for grown ups.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

I rarely ever buy rayon knit clothes as they pill, the material is thin, and they don't usually wash and dry very well. I had a couple of pretty tops from H&M that I bought a couple of years ago and I would wash them in cold water and hang them to dry. Well one went through the dryer and it shrunk so it's unwearable.

That's it...I tossed out both into the donation bag as these tops were cheap and cheaply made. The local H&M store in the mall usually only has clothes up to a size 12 and maybe a size 14 but it's cut small so I guess it's no loss to not buy anything else from there. I also notice the outgassing smell from their vinyl shoes and bags whenever I look at their accessories.

You get what you pay for and there's a reason that fast fashion is cheap and doesn't last. They are throwaway clothes.

@TY  So sorry that happened....I'm sure someone else will get use out of your donations (I would have done the same thing). You really do get what you pay for - well most of the time anyway. Smiley Happy  Chalk it off to another "live and learn" experience. 

H&M just came to our town within the past few years, but so far I've not been impressed.  I have seen many cute things in there, but none that I've been tempted to purchase, and the clothes do seem cut more for juniors than  me, a senor.

Honored Contributor

My sister used to buy her kids clothes there because they out grew them fast and they were cheap.  It's very similar to Old Navy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think of H&M as a teen store.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how they pay rent at the mall!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see many shoppers in their store at my mall.