Respected Contributor

I got my jeans yesterday and I wear a size 2 and they fit perfect. But  after wearing them all day they started to feel baggy in the back side. I am glad that they are not a low riding jean  and the rise  is higher much more comfortable. I agree with the button hole  being too small it's hard to put the button through it. I got the dark denim jeans and love the color and like that they are not a tight leg fit.But I do think they are too light in weight for the winter. I live up North.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

I am so sorry for the disappointment some folks are having with these jeans.  I watched one presentation and Gary seemed confident that they had solved past problems. I hope folks will continue to post reviews as they are received.  

@islandgrrl, wouldn't it be cool if they offered "Apple" jeans and "Pear" jeans?

Note to Gary...!!!

It would probably help! There are several clothing lines that offer variations on the "curvy" fit these days, including Talbots, Eddie Bauer, and Levi's. In fact, Talbots did away with what I thought of as their middle-of-the-road fit (heritage), and now none of their bottoms fit me well -- curvy has an extra poof of fabric on the hips and too much fabric in the legs, and the straighter, regular fit gaps at the back of the waist. It really is pretty impossible to fit all women with just one cut, so it doesn't surprise me in the least that some people love these jeans and others can't wear them at all. I see complaints about the inseam lengths and rise measurements as well, and the same applies. You simply can't please everyone with such a limited range of possibilities.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl and @Lipstickdiva,  I remember the Vowel Movement jeans; it was really quite funny.  Maybe if the just simplified it to Apple and Pear, so all you had to do was decide if you carried more weight in your middle or in your rear. it would be easier for people to order the right thing.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@BibLady wrote:

I received mine as well, one denim and one white.  I ordered the petite length, and it's perfect if you are 5'2".  I actually wish that the thigh area was at least 1" wider in the diameter.  I guess maybe my proportions are out of whack.  These actually fit in the waist, where usually there is a huge gap - in this case it's minimal.  I'll see what happens when I wash them - if the thighs are too tight, they will go back.  I was really hoping these would be perfect.  Close.

I too am 5'2" but generally buy regular length pants because I am short waisted with longer legs.  I kind of have the opposite problem as you and like the roomier waistband and slimmer thigh.  I guess that's why no single pair of jeans is going to get fabulous reviews.  We are all built differently.

I'm kind of hoping the thighs tighten up after I wash them.  LOL. Smiley Very Happy

@fairiemoon and Biblady: Another 5'2 here (let's start a club) but I was thinking after Biblady's post that the 2% spandex just isn't enough to make the jeans fit everyone (although I think it's the perfect amount) well. Unfortunately with more spandex they don't hold their shape!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I seem to recall that a few years back, QVC had various vowels describing the fits on bottoms and it didn't go over too well. 

I remember someone calling it QVC's "Vowel Movement."  ROFLOL 

And given some of the comments I've read on the boards, I think there are some who don't really know their shape.  When Leah is being described as a pear shape, or posters are saying that the majority of female hosts are pear shapes, I have to think there's an issue understanding different shapes.  I even heard a host recently say that sometimes she's an apple and sometimes she's a pear!    

@Lipstickdiva

Hilarious!  Thanks for my first belly laugh of the day!