Honored Contributor

Re: Going to tea, perplexed about what to wear

@Nonametoday.  Your outfit sounds very nice....have a great time!

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I am in the jumpsuit, have black pashmina over my shoulders, black leather mini frame handbag, black leather 2-inch pumps, tiny diamond earrings, a black faux diamond pin olding my shawl in place.  DH likes it.  So, I left it up to him.  I tried a long gray skirt with a white blouse and gray blazer, tried the sequin top with a black blazer and black pants.  He voted for the jumpsuit, so we are off and running.  Now I have to help him get his tie tied.  He has had a stroke and has minimal use of right dominant hand.  Thank you for your help.  I always feel I need opinions.  Maybe I lack security.

Sounds like you look very nice and it's certainly a plus that your DH likes it!

Have a good time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I am in the jumpsuit, have black pashmina over my shoulders, black leather mini frame handbag, black leather 2-inch pumps, tiny diamond earrings, a black faux diamond pin olding my shawl in place.  DH likes it.  So, I left it up to him.  I tried a long gray skirt with a white blouse and gray blazer, tried the sequin top with a black blazer and black pants.  He voted for the jumpsuit, so we are off and running.  Now I have to help him get his tie tied.  He has had a stroke and has minimal use of right dominant hand.  Thank you for your help.  I always feel I need opinions.  Maybe I lack security.

The jumpsuit sounds like a good choice.  Hope you have a great time.  😊

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Your outfit sounds lovely and I bet you look beautiful in it!!  Enjoy the party...just don't drink too much tea or anything else! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

"Tea" really doesn't tell us anything.  If you want advice on what do wear, you have to tell us something about this "Tea".   Is it a charity event?  Did the invitation say that it was dressy?  Where is the the venue?  I think you are over thinking this.  Dress the way you would dress if you were going to very nice restaurant to have lunch with a friend.  If it's a dressy affair, now is the time to wear you good jewelry.

It's a quite elegant affair in a tea room.  It is celebrating the 50th anniversary of a very well known and respected couple in the community.  Most are wearing pastel dresses and men wearing suits.

Ok.  You have to dress for yourself and not think too much about what others are wearing because you have special considerations.  You listed some very nice things, I like the idea of the gray outfit.  A soft or lacy top under it would work.  You dress it up with jewelry and perhaps an evening hairstyle.  Perhaps a sparkly headband or cocktail hat.

Honored Contributor

It was a nice afternoon.  We left after the soloist sang "Twilight Time."  Such a sweet group of people.  Many I knew but others that I did not.  It is very nice to see couples who seem still so much in love and so devoted to one another after so many years and in their case, so physically fit and nice looking.  

Husband enjoyed it.  He does not always enjoy things such as this since his stroke and has somewhat withdrawn from social events, but he enjoyed it and that was worth the world to me.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday@Great to hear that you had a nice time.I always think that as long as a person is neat and clean and appropriately covered you are good to go.

i always remember that whenever I don’t want to go to an event I usually have the best time.I think it is wonderful that your DH enjoyed the outing too.