Honored Contributor

Re: Gili $160 dress print seams not lined up

Not necessarily this dress/print at all, but some overly 'blurred' prints bother my eyes.  Anyone else?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Agree it would be difficult to get that print matched. IMO some abstract prints look ok even if not matched at seams. Other prints like stripes scream cheap to me when they don't matchup. I am not a fan of this print, and I wouldn't buy the dress. 

Contributor

The seams are not supposed to match up. Every dress pattern is different and each will not look the same. It's a way they printed the material and cut it. I think it's cool no two look alike. It's different they aren't all cookie cutter.
Honored Contributor

@GeorgiaJack wrote:
The seams are not supposed to match up. Every dress pattern is different and each will not look the same. It's a way they printed the material and cut it. I think it's cool no two look alike. It's different they aren't all cookie cutter.

i agree......the seams are not supposed to match. it is an abstract print dress. i thought it looked great on jill.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Honestly, one of my major complaints with ALL of the clothing at QVC is that the prints don't match at the seams. This is not just GILI. Occasionally, you'll find stripes that match on the side seams but are not correctly placed into the should seams. I avoid prints as much as possible. If you pay attention, you'll see that they avoid showing this flaw when presenting a print or striped item. Susan Graver items are some of the ones where this is a glaring problem, although attempts to hide this flaw are made. I imagine the QVC factories sew the clothing very cheaply and quickly,  when there is no attention paid to matching the seams. Matching them would require placing the patterns much more carefully, and probably result in waste requiring many more yards of fabric to produce the quantities that they purchase and sell to us.

What is interesting, the  fact that I can find the same styles, similar fabric quality and styles for less money in many places, and they manage to match their stripes and prints. Denim & Co pays more attention to stripe matching but not necessarily print. It really cheapens  the clothing, and so yes, they are asking too much money for what you are getting. 

Honored Contributor

...and it looked great on  jessica......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Good catch about how poorly matched the side and back seams are on this scuba dress. I'm sure it's a cost cutting measure too.