Honored Contributor

Re: Getting tired of the "cardigans"

I wish Isaac would stop with the large prints.  The only cardigams I liked where he used a print were used sparingly (on the shoulder or off to the side).  Print all over makes me dizzy.  I also agree that the designers should bring back the basic cardigan too.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Hi LilacTree,

I want to like cardigans, but so many remind me of my Grandpa!  I finally figured out that I really dislike the fly away style, especially the drapey ones...way too much going on in the front, an area I try to minimize/hide.  I love most of the cardigans posted by Lola...see that style everywhere and they're beautiful, but too short.

I have exactly one cardigan in my closet...an icy blue linen crew neck from Lafayette which I got at an insane price on clearance at Nordy's Rack...I have never worn it open...I keep it buttoned and use it as a pullover.  Otherwise, I just don't like cardis.

However, I took a chance yesterday and ordered LDO's swing cardi...I can use it as a pullover (see the video), it has an updated look (understated shark bite hem), it's long enough for me (YAY!), and that ENR "fabric" is beautiful (I'm not a fan of his regular whisper knit...picture me ducking! LOL).

Have a great evening!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I think cardigans are classics that will never go out of style.  If you work in a professional office, they are an alternative to the old suited style.  I wear them often and own a lot, mostly from the Linea line.

Esteemed Contributor

I have dozens of cardigans of various colors, prints, fabrics, and styles.  There's always room for more in my closet.  Smiley Happy  I agree that the ones with pretty buttons and some shape are the best.  

Honored Contributor

I hate the original cardigans.  They look so "grandmama" to me.  I really hate the flowery ones that Isaac is so fond of.  Yuk.

Honored Contributor

l like the prints but wouldn't wear them as a cardigan
Respected Contributor

I have two cardigan that I love to wear but I am not looking to buy more. They are so soft and cozy.

Love this look from Land's End

Burgundy never looked so good. Supima Cardigan, Jeans, No Iron Pinpoint and Blakely Boots from Lands' End.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

Hi LilacTree,

I want to like cardigans, but so many remind me of my Grandpa!  I finally figured out that I really dislike the fly away style, especially the drapey ones...way too much going on in the front, an area I try to minimize/hide.  I love most of the cardigans posted by Lola...see that style everywhere and they're beautiful, but too short.

I have exactly one cardigan in my closet...an icy blue linen crew neck from Lafayette which I got at an insane price on clearance at Nordy's Rack...I have never worn it open...I keep it buttoned and use it as a pullover.  Otherwise, I just don't like cardis.

However, I took a chance yesterday and ordered LDO's swing cardi...I can use it as a pullover (see the video), it has an updated look (understated shark bite hem), it's long enough for me (YAY!), and that ENR "fabric" is beautiful (I'm not a fan of his regular whisper knit...picture me ducking! LOL).

Have a great evening!

Back in the caveman days (the 50's) we used to turn our long-sleeved cardigans around so they were buttoned down the back.  It looked really cute!

I never liked the "twin sets" which were so popular a few years ago.  When I was still working I had a lot of jackets which I wore with short-sleeved sweaters and tops, and occasionally a blouse.  That was back in the late 1990s and early 2000s, when most clothes were worn close to the body.

I just can't get used to these "swoopy," shapeless tops nowadays.  There is so much material!! 

Have a nice day, MacDuff!Image result for peanuts characters

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I hate the original cardigans.  They look so "grandmama" to me.  I really hate the flowery ones that Isaac is so fond of.  Yuk.

I like many of IM's cardis.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"