Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if the Genie bras on QVC are the same as the ones at bed bath and beyond and the ones online (geniebra.com)? I have a really hard time finding bras to fit my size and these are the only ones that are comfortable and fit awesome and yet hold them up. I really like all the colors and style options on genie bra's website but have never ordered from there before because I honestly don' t like the semi-matronly look of the bras normally- that is the biggest drawback for me. But sometimes comfort outweighs looks, especially since, for the most part, lol, they are under your clothes anyway and can't be seen.

By the way, I know it says if you are over a C cup to order a size up but I I am a size D-DD in bras and I still buy the xs/s genie bras (the same size of tops I wear) because the medium size did not hold the girls up and seemed more heavy duty but less supportive, if that makes sense. I think the size you should wear shouldn't be based on cup size but on the band size.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze: I have purchased Genie bras from QVC and the Genie website.  These bras seemed very different to me.  The Q Genies were much thinner, lower cut, less firm/supportive but very comfortable.  The Genie website Genie bras were cut higher, thicker and much (much) more supportive.  I wear the Q bras around the house or running errands and wear the Genie site bras when I want better shape or if I'm wearing something low cut and want a cami look underneath.  

I find it interesting that you are able to 'shop your top' with the Genie bras. I could have gotten away with that with the QVC bras but no way with the website bras.  They would have been much too tight.  Like you I am a D cup.

Does that help at all?

Trusted Contributor

I can't answer for the Genie bras on QVC today, but I can tell you in the past, the ones that I found at BB&B were different.  They felt like a completely different material. I loved the ones that I purchased at QVC, but from what I have read with the online reviews, they are different than the ones sold previously.

Just a few months ago, I ordered for the first time from the genie website as they were having a sale, and they had a lot of colors/sizes in inventory.  I would NEVER recommend ordering from that website again.  I ordered up two sizes from what their website recommended, and the bras were soooo tight, I couldn't breathe.  Also, several bras came in one package.  The other bras came in a different package and looked and felt like they were different bras.  I returned everything, and even contacted their Customer Service department about their sizing.  Working with their CS department is a nightmare!

I agree with you about the comfort factor.  I really liked the bras that I ordered from QVC several years ago, but I really need new ones.  Unfortunately, I've given up on the genie bras.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@HappyDaze: I have purchased Genie bras from QVC and the Genie website.  These bras seemed very different to me.  The Q Genies were much thinner, lower cut, less firm/supportive but very comfortable.  The Genie website Genie bras were cut higher, thicker and much (much) more supportive.  I wear the Q bras around the house or running errands and wear the Genie site bras when I want better shape or if I'm wearing something low cut and want a cami look underneath.  

I find it interesting that you are able to 'shop your top' when the Genie bras. I could have gotten away with that with the QVC bras but no way with the website bras.  They would have been much too tight.  Like you I am a D cup.

Does that help at all?

@islandgrrl sorry if I was confusing- I meant the QVC bras I could order my top size and they fit .  I wanted to order from the genie bra website since they have nicer colors and the one that you can do different things with the straps. I did just order some from the site and ordered the small too but after what you wrote, I am worried. Smiley Sad Why would they be so different? Interesting you said thicker from the genie bra site because yes, that is what I experienced with the BBB medium ones- thicker than the QVC ones but I thought it was just because they were bigger than the smalls so they thickened them up a bit?  Do you order the QVC ones in small but the genie bra website ones in medium? Darn, hopefully they have a good exchange policy. I just assumed the sizes would be the same but wasn't sure if the styles/look/feel would be.  Thank you so much for the info!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze It really is a shame that people have had trouble with the customer service from the Genie website because I completely agree with you, there is such a great color selection there.  I ordered up two sizes with the website bras and the fit is perfect for me.  I would order again from them but only because I understand my personal fit formula -- and I got lucky.  My fingers are crossed that yours fit well! Heart

Honored Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I can't answer for the Genie bras on QVC today, but I can tell you in the past, the ones that I found at BB&B were different.  They felt like a completely different material. I loved the ones that I purchased at QVC, but from what I have read with the online reviews, they are different than the ones sold previously.

Just a few months ago, I ordered for the first time from the genie website as they were having a sale, and they had a lot of colors/sizes in inventory.  I would NEVER recommend ordering from that website again.  I ordered up two sizes from what their website recommended, and the bras were soooo tight, I couldn't breathe.  Also, several bras came in one package.  The other bras came in a different package and looked and felt like they were different bras.  I returned everything, and even contacted their Customer Service department about their sizing.  Working with their CS department is a nightmare!

I agree with you about the comfort factor.  I really liked the bras that I ordered from QVC several years ago, but I really need new ones.  Unfortunately, I've given up on the genie bras.

@susan kay thank you! I just ordered some of the clearanced QVC ones and they are really great. If the genie website ones aren't the same, I will be really bummed. I was hoping to not order them from QVC again because I've already got the colors I wanted- the rest of the other colors I am not interested in. But I guess I may have to if I can't find the same ones elsewhere and hope that the ones from QVC haven't changed. I was worried about the genie bra website because it almost reminded me of gunthy renker's products websites and their CS is THE worst too. Darn, I figured it was too good to be true. The colors are awesome and the prices were cheaper than the Q with the sale. 

It is just really nice to find a bra that fits perfectly and just is so comfortable but a bummer that I may have to go on the search again when I need to replace them. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze Live in hope! Maybe your order will fit you well...or your exchange will be smooth. I learned the hard way with the Ahhh Bra to size up two because I didn't like the Uni-look.  But my experience with Ahhh was that the different offerings ranged all over the place in terms of what gave me the right support and shape at the same time.

The bra industry will definitely hurt your feelings!  But once you find your fit, it is a wonderous thing.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl I will certainly remain positive! I have never purchased bras online before because I always thought they were hard enough to find a good one in person but I just figured if I found one, it would be safe to order more in othere colors online. I guess I was wrong! lol. Oh well. And I know what you mean about uniboob! Thanks again for all the info.

Honored Contributor

In our area Walmart and Boscovs sell Genie bras and they are the same ones they sell at the Q. I wear an xl and am a 36 D in a regular bra and the Genie bra is a perfect fit for me in the xl.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze Report back after you get your order!