Honored Contributor

Re: Genie 'Waist Training' Belt

image.jpgGet a load of the ad for this similar product. How much Photoshopping has been done here?! It looks like the models have had some ribs removed, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

for the health  risks of using this just google ' the dangers/health risks/ of using a waist cincher /training device'.

When these were used in days of old 'fainting couches' were a part of the furnishings for a reason. In Scarlett O'Hara 's day it was thought to be 'feminine' to faint . Of course anyone who has can tell you it is just dangerous.

Respected Contributor

Why not just call it a corset?

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 That As-Seen-On-TV device looks exactly the same as the Genie -- though perhaps it is a little wider.  

I finally had a chance to view the video presentation and QVC is advertising this as an instant gratification item.  The clip I saw did not hold out hope that your waist would shrink over time.  I can't imagine there is science supporting that claim (unless the Kardashians can be considered trained researchers). 

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl:  Agreed, lol. And the Kardashians (especially Kim) are as Photoshopped as that ad l posted!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

My waist would be a drop-out!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

There are some pretty funny reviews and demos of this torture device over on youtube. One woman said the only thing you could wear over this killer (so it doesn't show) is a big oversized sweater...which defeats the purpose of the device! If you need a good giggle check it out.

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder - If it looks and sounds too good to be true it probably is. I know we all, including me, look for those things that will change our lives instantly, but those things don't usually exist. 

Respected Contributor

i think it's kind of silly and more than likely could do more harm than anything.  if you need some help on your waist, that is what diet and exercise is for, imo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

lol... They must have really good sales people if people actually still buy things like this! 

How does a bulky belt make one look smaller?