Trusted Contributor

GILI-bonded leather/lace jacket....why????

What on earth is up with the designs now....so tired of the hems being crooked....looks like someone doesn't know how to sew. It's really disappointing the styles lately....I certainly hope this fad hurries up and goes away. Tacky, tacky tacky
Valued Contributor

Re: GILI-bonded leather/lace jacket....why????

I did look up the item you're referring to as I just can't watch the frantic style of the show tonight! 😢

That said, I do agree with you about the hemline on this jacket. I do like asymmetry on some clothing items, but it can be overdone.

This jacket just looks too busy...too much going on with the lace, seaming, and asymmetry. Too many ideas in one garment!
Esteemed Contributor

The G.I.L.I. faux leather and bonded lace jacket, item A262717 is awful looking on everyone and that includes model Jackie who doesn't appear to be able to zip up this faux leather jacket or the other G.I.L.I. leather jacket that was on earlier in the day. She says she was wearing a size 14 in the other jacket A264161. But why doesn't she wear a bigger jacket like at least a size 16?

Why do the stylists put the models in clothing that don't fit? I think it's because they are used to working in print media with 2 dimensional photos and they can somewhat disguise ill fitting clothes. You can't disguise the fact that the G.I.L.I. jackets are too small and that this line runs smaller than other QVC branded clothing.

The irony is that the older video for the faux leather and bonded lace jacket was from March or April and the host in the videoclip was Jill.B. and Jill M. told her that the jacket she was wearing (a size 12) didn't fit since she couldn't zip it up. The asymmetrical hem is so off kilter, no wonder that the jacket isn't going to be re-ordered.

Valued Contributor

Wonder how long till it's on "clearance" for 5-8% off? 😂
Trusted Contributor

5-8% off! That is too funny and sooo true.

Honored Contributor

That jacket is on clearance for not even 10% off.  LOL

I think this design was on Lisa's watch.   

Contributor

I have this jacket and paid fullprice for it. You are wrong people! This jacket is gorgeous ! I get so many compliment when I wear iit.

Honored Contributor

I must have missed this jacket totally the first time around.  Saw it last night and bought it on the spot -- I LOVE it!  I hope it fits as good as it looks because I'm very much looking forward to getting it.  Very different, gorgeous mix of fabrics and, in the right size, it should look wonderful!!

Super Contributor

I bought it too lol!

Contributor

Enjoy  . It really is a coutoure jacket!