Honored Contributor

GILI Safari Style Zip Front Nylon Jacket-OTO

A267659 G.I.L.I. Zip Front Belted Nylon Jacket with Pocket Detail $106

Jacket weather wanted. With four front pockets and a buckle belt, this fitted nylon jacket from G.I.L.I will have you longing for cooler temperatures. It's perfect for outdoor or indoor wear. From G.I.L.I. got it love it(R).

• Fabrication: nylon
  • Features: long sleeves, stand collar, zip and button front closure, buckle belt, four front snap pockets, seam detail, lined sleeves
  • Fit: fitted; cut to follow the lines of the body
  • Length: missy length 26-1/2" to 27-7/8"; plus length 28-3/4" to 30-3/4"
  • Content: shell 51% cotton/45% nylon/4% metal fiber; sleeve lining 100% polyester
  • Care: hand wash, line dry
  • Imported

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: GILI Safari Style Zip Front Nylon Jacket-OTO

[ Edited ]

Missed the Camo tie front jacket-my size is still not available. This new safari style jacket in the ivy green looks like a nice alternative. Anyone buying it? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Absolutely not. Ridiculous price for nylon. Makes me sweat just thinking about it.  And appears to run small. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is cute enough to buy, the nylon % is only 45% or something so I don't think I would swelter and sweat. It looks adorable on Shawn in the blue and on Jill in the green. Don't NEED it so will pass. I do like Jill's leggings, too, but they are not Gili.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack-I was hesitant about the nylon fabric but it looks like cotton & Jill said it has a twill feel to it. I didn't hear any "swish" sound during the presentation like you would if it were primarily nylon. Really like the design & the ivy green color. Did size up as they recommended-hope I love it Woman Wink Will post a review

Trusted Contributor

Chi, I certainly didn't mean to be a bump on a log, but I just think the GILI line is overpriced. Prove me wrong --- I hope you love it!!! :-)  

Honored Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

Chi, I certainly didn't mean to be a bump on a log, but I just think the GILI line is overpriced. Prove me wrong --- I hope you love it!!! :-)  

@10000Nicknames-I agree with you, the pricing is inflated.  And many of the items are not of interest to me b/c of pricing. I'm finding some good gili buys like the super saturday gili hobo at 50 off. The camo jacket was priced right at 79, sold out in a nano second. I think this jacket s/b under 100 but it has the design/style & color that I want for a fall jacket.

I wish they would offer more competitive pricing-I would buy more. Forces me to be selective about what I buy b/c of the pricing & concerns about sizing. Hope you are doing well! 

Honored Contributor

I would rather have one in cotton, like this one.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@10000Nicknames wrote:

@10000Nicknames-I agree with you, the pricing is inflated.  And many of the items are not of interest to me b/c of pricing. I'm finding some good gili buys like the super saturday gili hobo at 50 off. The camo jacket was priced right at 79, sold out in a nano second. I think this jacket s/b under 100 but it has the design/style & color that I want for a fall jacket.

I wish they would offer more competitive pricing-I would buy more. Forces me to be selective about what I buy b/c of the pricing & concerns about sizing. Hope you are doing well! 

Hi Chi, Did you pull the trigger on the jacket last night?  I had to turn it off becasue I was so tempted and DON'T need it at all.  I have the camo jacket that you missed out on, so sorry for that.  Maybe they will bring it back.  I missed out on the camo pants and now its all I can think about. 

Did you get your Marla stuff yet from HSN?  Her line has such cute things but again I didn't buy due to my closet is busting with clothes that I haven't had a chance to wear yet.

Respected Contributor

I definitely bought it!

Loved how it looked on Shawn. I'm drawn to the many greens now being shown, so everything I've bought for fall is in the green family. Love that I can dress this jacket up with heels and a pencil skirt (love the high-low look).

(If I don't end up liking the jacket or the fit, I have no problem in paying the small price to send it back.)

*And I DID get the camo with ties jacket, adore it; suprisingly outstanding construction and detail!