Respected Contributor

Re: GILI Moto Leather Jacket: Early Purchase starts at noon ET Dec 1

Love the look of the jacket, but I have one concern. If you have any tummy will the cut away accent it?

Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 MarilynM said:

Love the look of the jacket, but I have one concern. If you have any tummy will the cut away accent it?

It depends on what you wear & how you style it. The jacket has a peplum flair which I think tends to emphasize the waist in a positive way. With EZpay, you can try it with your wardrobe to see what you think.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

The jacket looks like something the Jetsons (cartoon) would wear. It was not very flattering on Antonella. I would not waste my money. You would need to be a size 2 or 4 to be flattering, as it is very fitting.

Honored Contributor

Antonella looks great in the blush jacket! I think it would look good on average or larger sized gals---depends on your attitude and style/wardrobe. Lisa posted a brief video showing 4 different ways to wear it, but for some reason it won't post here. Go to Lisa's facebook page to see the video.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/3/2014 Chi-town girl said: Antonella looks great in the blush jacket! I think it would look good on average or larger sized gals---depends on your attitude and style/wardrobe. Lisa posted a brief video showing 4 different ways to wear it, but for some reason it won't post here. Go to Lisa's facebook page to see the video.

Antonella was sitting down and you did not get a full view of her. It would be hard to tell how the jacket fit. You can have any attitude you want but if it does not compliment your figure---it doesn't matter. Looking at the jacket it looks like you would have to size up two sizes. The jacket is cut very small.

Respected Contributor

On 12/3/2014 elated said:
On 12/3/2014 Chi-town girl said: Antonella looks great in the blush jacket! I think it would look good on average or larger sized gals---depends on your attitude and style/wardrobe. Lisa posted a brief video showing 4 different ways to wear it, but for some reason it won't post here. Go to Lisa's facebook page to see the video.

Antonella was sitting down and you did not get a full view of her. It would be hard to tell how the jacket fit. You can have any attitude you want but if it does not compliment your figure---it doesn't matter. Looking at the jacket it looks like you would have to size up two sizes. The jacket is cut very small.

Antonella looked awesome in it!!!!!
Trusted Contributor

Antonella looked beautiful in the blush jacket.

I didn't want the blush color until I saw it on her!

Respected Contributor

My tan jacket just arrived. It is first rate. Included is a storage bag. This is a darker, redder brown than the waistcoat style with fabric sleeves. I have a cool complexion and can wear this. It does NOT wrinkle across the back shoulder, something I have had a problem with on previous GILI jackets. I wear a size 8 in a jacket at retail and I ordered a size 6 based upon the measurements. It fits, even over a ribbed rayon/nylon Belldini turtleneck.
Valued Contributor

The leather looks lovely and the colors are beautiful but for some reason it reads Lt. Uhura on Start Trek to me. Just not a fan of the extreme collar and lines of the jacket. I hope all you ladies who purchased it will look great though and wish you good luck with your purchase.

Valued Contributor

Favorite Son, now I'm tempted to step out of my black leather comfort zone and order the brown. I wonder if this brown will work for me - I'm either a deep autumn or a deep winter.