Trusted Contributor

GILI JILL AND THE LEATHER JACKET WITH ZIPPERS

$377.00 for that leather jacket? It's a very nice jacket but sorry, that price for a GILI jacket is not something I could see everyone running to buy.  I know there are designer jackets for thousands of dollars but this is QVC! Another thing that surprised me is why does the jacket only come up to a size 14?  Is this going to be new sizing trend for GILI?  I've noticed since Lisa left, the GILI prices have skyrocketed and I haven't bought one thing.   And of course Jill just couldn't resist putting that obi belt on it, which, IMO,  looked ridiculous.  I am so sick of seeing her pushing that obi belt.  I really don't understand how Jill was even hired to represent the line since I think she Just doesn't have the sophistication or presence to sell the line, which is my opinion of course.

Occasional Visitor

Re: GILI JILL AND THE LEATHER JACKET WITH ZIPPERS

I agree with lovetoshopathome.  I know Lisa Robertson has moved on but not enought scrutiny was used when hiring her replacement - especially with GILI.  Lisa was always able to make whatever she was selling look good.  I'm not the least bit interested in the GILI line now.  Good for mywallet!

Esteemed Contributor

ITA about the jacket, and I'm not a fan of GILI Jill either.  However, I was tempted by this skirt:

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Regular-Faux-Leather-Motorcycle-Skirt.product.A262048.html?sc=A262048-SR...

It has good reviews, but for the price, I think I'd rather invest in real leather instead of faux.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan, I first purchased the skirt you are interested in in cream and was so impressed with it I went back for the black. It is a stunning skirt, and absolutely feels like lamb leather. It is striking on, hugging the curves, a real va-va-voom silhouette.

I also bought the zippered jacket in black, when it was first introduced at a special price. Wouldn't pay what they're asking for it now, but it was a good value for me when it was first offered in the $200 range.

My Gili purchases have come to a screeching halt lately, largely due to the pricing which I think is higher than necessary.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack I'm really tempted now!  That black one keeps calling my name.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

There is nothing special or sophisticated about GILI clothes. I was in TJ Maxx tonight and they have glove baby soft Cole Haan leather jackets (not faux) for 299 and Michael Kors and DKNY leathers for 159. Don't waste your money on GILI.
Respected Contributor

I love leather, but not a fan of the biker look with all the zippers and such. Price does seem a bit steep for  QVC market. 

Trusted Contributor

Very tired of the expensive Obi belt.  How many are languishing in the warehouse???

Trusted Contributor

Geeeesh now Gili Jill is on PMStyle with that darn Obi belt again. And says you should have all the colors, really? She doesn't even have a clue what Gili items are in the show! She is just too annoying and clueless and talks about things that have nothing to do with items and acts like she's lost and has to be told where to go. Can you tell that I think she needs to be replaced! Lol From now on when I see her on any show off goes the Q.
Valued Contributor

The brand is just not the same without Lisa.  You could tell the items were inspired by her and fit her style.  Jill is sweet, but it seems like she's trying too hard to fit the image of the brand that Lisa created.  It just doesn't seem to be Jills style so she looks uncomfortable.    And don't get me started on that overpriced Obi belt that is ALWAYS on......