Respected Contributor

GILI Camo Printed Zip Collar Belted Vest

Just finished reading (and thinking about) a thread (there have been several) that complained hosts or models were often wearing sizes way too small for them. Decided the opposite might be true for me!

$_12.JPG

I had ordered the camo vest in size 8 (hasn't arrived yet). I've recently found, however, that the SMALL Isaac, for example, doesn't fit as well as the XS. Perhaps I've been wearing other lines a little too LARGE?

I've never worn tight clothing, but thought the vest tonight looked great on Aday and Jill. So, appreciating enormously the Q's return policy, I just experimented and also ordered the camo vest in size 6. I can compare the two sizes and, perhaps, get a better fit.

Anyone else experimenting with upsizing or downsizing?

[I'm 115 pounds, 5'5".]

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GILI Camo Printed Zip Collar Belted Vest

@1Professor wrote:

Just finished reading (and thinking about) a thread (there have been several) that complained hosts or models were often wearing sizes way too small for them. Decided the opposite might be true for me!

$_12.JPG

I had ordered the camo vest in size 8 (hasn't arrived yet). I've recently found, however, that the SMALL Isaac, for example, doesn't fit as well as the XS. Perhaps I've been wearing other lines a little too LARGE?

I've never worn tight clothing, but thought the vest tonight looked great on Aday and Jill. So, appreciating enormously the Q's return policy, I just experimented and also ordered the camo vest in size 6. I can compare the two sizes and, perhaps, get a better fit.

Anyone else experimenting with upsizing or downsizing?

[I'm 115 pounds, 5'5".]

I didn't order the vest but watched some of the presentation and to me it looked too small on all the models and host/vendor...hard to tell w/ the sizing then.

Trusted Contributor

I always wear a six in GILI.  5'4, 124, 36b.  I do not own any Isaac pieces.  Linea is always XS for me.  INC at Macy's, I take a small.   The industry is so   Universally "unsized" you have to try it on.  I've learned GiLI is always six for me.  I think you would be happy with a six. 

Respected Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

I always wear a six in GILI.  5'4, 124, 36b.  I do not own any Isaac pieces.  Linea is always XS for me.  INC at Macy's, I take a small.   The industry is so   Universally "unsized" you have to try it on.  I've learned GiLI is always six for me.  I think you would be happy with a six. 

@Dawnie: Thanks so much! Eight was my default, as was Small. Never thought of myself as an XS or 6, but became willing to find out on this vest, after watching the show.

A trimmer fit might be called for. (Too tight or too loose is, apparently, easier to "see" on others!)

Honored Contributor

The vest doesn't interest me but everyone I saw in it yesterday looked stuffed into it.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The vest doesn't interest me but everyone I saw in it yesterday looked stuffed into it.

@LipstickdivaSometimes I see that, too. But both Aday (model) and Jill looked great.

__e.540x302.jpeg

Contributor

I am also 5'5" and 115lbs.  I wear a size 0 in all of the GILI line, including this vest which I love and for which I receive lots of compliments.  That said, I wear the vest as I wear all my GILI jackets--with tanks and camis or lighter weight tops with sleeves.  No room for heavy sweaters!  If I did choose to wear a heavy sweater, I would wear a different type of vest, preferably from a different line--maybe Susan Graver, Isaac, or Liz Claiborne were I to buy from QVC.  But the effect would be very different.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LipstickdivaSometimes I see that, too. But both Aday (model) and Jill looked great.

__e.540x302.jpeg

I don't find this to be flattering to Jill at all (just from a single still shot) but I didn't see the presentation..