Frequent Contributor

G. Simonton: QVC SHAME ON YOU

Why do you remove the reviews for the designer being featured? Reviews are the ONLY way many of us can determine what size to order on specific items. It's not like you are unaware how inconsistent your sizing can be, so why do you want to handicap your customers trying to make an informed decision?

Mr. Simonton creates some stunning clothes and they are not inexpensive. You can't possibly want items returned, and I don't want to have to make returns. You are taking away vital information from your customers.

Super Contributor

Re: G. Simonton: QVC SHAME ON YOU

Don't they have garment measurements on each product page? All you have to do is compare those garment measurements to your body measurements, allow for wearing ease and ease preference, and choose your size.

If you can't figure that out - here's a clue: measure something in your closet that fits the way you like and use those measurements to compare to online garment measurements.

Just because something fits someone else doesn't necessarily mean it will fit you.

Super Contributor

I find that sizes vary from designer to designer. Love George's designs.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP - I always look at the garment measurements, but too often I get the item home and the actual garment measurements are way off from what it said they were. So the reviews from people who have actually gotten them home and tried them, sometimes finding them to run small, or large, etc., do sometimes affect the size I order. If it shows that reviews have been written on a particular item, it bothers me as well when you can't get them to show online-it's like they temporarily disappear. Don't know what's up with that.......?

Honored Contributor

which reviews are ""missing""?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2014 kittymomNC said:

I agree with the OP - I always look at the garment measurements, but too often I get the item home and the actual garment measurements are way off from what it said they were. So the reviews from people who have actually gotten them home and tried them, sometimes finding them to run small, or large, etc., do sometimes affect the size I order. If it shows that reviews have been written on a particular item, it bothers me as well when you can't get them to show online-it's like they temporarily disappear. Don't know what's up with that.......?

Hi kittmomNC.....

I have had the experience too....if you go by the CLICK here as some suggested it isn't always accurate. I ordered what I thought was a tunic top in my regular size, the measurements said 29" long, but when I got the garment home I looked at it and it seemed short, I tried it on it was short....when I measured it the length was actually 26".....so much for reading the online measurements.....This is one reason I want to see the clothing on the models to get a true idea of wear it will hit....although you need to have a model around your height and body build and wearing a similar type of shoe as you usually wear.

And I dont know about this particular case, but I do know items that were deleted online along with bad reviews, and then given a new item number with no reviews (how "convenient).

If I were a designer I would want to see honest constructive opinions to make my merchandise better. And for QVC it would also mean less returns too!

BTW I have purchased a couple of George's tops and have been pleased with the quality and fit.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2014 sunshine45 said:

Hey sunshine45.....

O/T I am so glad to hear that your team hired Gary Kubiak instead of Kyle Shannahan....good choice!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2014 SPURT said:
On 1/29/2014 sunshine45 said:

Hey sunshine45.....

O/T I am so glad to hear that your team hired Gary Kubiak instead of Kyle Shannahan....good choice!

SPURT.....i KNOW.....i was so worried we were going to be cursed. LOL

looks like a lot of people around here are liking the choice. he has already reached out to flacco even though they have not yet met.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

My computer has been flaking out today or I would have responded to some of the comments sooner.

C'mon Ladies (those of you who refer me to size charts!) - of course I refer to them. Many reviewers are nice enough to specify that although they bought their usual size, such-and such fit loosely, etc. Also, if a garment that looks good only gets an average of 3 stars, for example, it is worth the time to read the comments - fabric looks cheap, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you saying that these items had reviews and now they have been deleted or that you are unable to submit a review???