Contributor

Re: Frustrated over very long tops

On 3/9/2015 Shiraz said:

I find too many tops are that awkward in-between length - almost tunic. They are longer than I want for regular pants, and not long enough to wear with leggings (or at least not long enough IN FRONT.) I want it one way or the other. A compromise length does me no good whatsoever.

I agree.

Respected Contributor

Buying very few tops from QVC. They are too long on me, especially Susan Graver. I do not mind an open front sweater on the long side, but not something I would wear as a "dressy top." Most of the time they are too long on Susan, too. I also have gotten a top shortened if I really like it, the "woes" of being short!

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'8"" and am thankful that the short top is finally over.... I like tunic length!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

I agree the long topic are becoming boring, and it makes me feel older especially during the summer. Besides, it's hot during the summer, and longer shirts and blouses means there is more material to make me even hotter. I'm 5' 2" also and completely understand, it is not so flattering on shorter people. Isn't there something different they could come up with. Good grief.
Honored Contributor

I'm sure there must have been threads on being frustrated with very short tops in recent years.

If you are not tall, but long-waisted (like me) you would, in general, prefer long tops. It really doesn't have everything to do with height, but is more a matter of proportion.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

After years of blouses and pullovers reaching only to my hipbones, I'm thrilled to finally see some tunics!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

On 3/9/2015 skittles said:

And I'm on the other end...I'm frustrated that there aren't enough long tops. I definitely need a 'long' tunic if i want it to hit properly. But even the regular shirts for tucking in end up being too short for me. And I'm not overly tall..5 7 1/2...but just the way I'm built it's hard to get shirts that work well.

So I definitely wish that they'd make petite/short, regular tall/long in more of the tops. It's hard in either situation.

I'm in the same boat, skittles. I am tall and never seem to find tops that are long enough unless they are tunics (and I don't always want to wear tunics, thankyouverymuch). At least there are petites available (I know, I know, not always) but rarely are there "talls" available, except in trousers.

One of the places I have found longer tops is Duluth Trading Company, which has a line of "long tail" shirts. However, they are nothing fancy--just t-shirts. Well made t-shirts, but still very casual.

Honored Contributor

EVERY SINGLE TOP is a freaking "TUNIC" I'm soooo tired of tunics! Please, someone less tunics.

Esteemed Contributor

Since I am 5ft if it is 27 inches long only because I liked the pattern but no more for me. Today I saw some tees on as is that said about 25 so I took a chance on them. And the price was good.

Regular Contributor

I am 5'3" and have the same problem with the long tops.  Some of them could be minidresses for me.  And no, Susan Graver, I do NOT want to "cover up all the things that we want to cover."  I am working real hard to drop some pounds and I'm not about to cover up all my hard work!  Besides, it is a myth that wearing loose and long tops makes someone look slimmer.  They just make a person look bigger in my opinion.  I'm not saying we should wear short tight tops like a preteen, but there is a medium when it comes to fit.  If I wanted to wear a muu-muu I would buy a housedress.   And while we're at it, why doesn't Denim & Co. do their maxidresses in petites?  I'm tired of having to get them altered and spending extra $$ and I've decided to now get mine from Liz Claiborne. Their line does lovely maxis both in petites and regulars.  

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.