Trusted Contributor

Re: Formal Wedding Attire Question

@lolakimono

All I know is if you look up the word "fashionista" in the dictionary, your picture would be there.  You have an eye for it.

Honored Contributor

I would suggest "car washer pants" with a dresser top from Stein Mart so you could wear it again (even with another top) since you won't wear a one piece dress again at all!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  what are car washer pants and are you joking?

Trusted Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@ECBG  what are car washer pants and are you joking?

Never heard of "car washer pants", but they don't sound like something that would be appropriate for  a wedding.

Trusted Contributor

I would wear a short dressy dress. A long gown would be too formal.

Trusted Contributor

I attended a formal wedding last year in New Orleans, the rehearsal dinner was cocktail dresses and the wedding was formal but the guest participated in a parade after, complete with the band and we walked the quarter. If they are doing this (find out) make sure you have good shoes handy because the quarter is larger than you think and of course it's brick so you will want a pair of shoes to slip on to participate. It was November and a little chili at night but just a dressy shawl, wrap should do. It was so much fun! I would maybe consider a nice jumpsuit with classy jewelry and cover up. I wore the Joan Rivers black sequin cape for rehearsal dinner.
Respected Contributor

@NativeJax very cool!  love new orleans

Trusted Contributor

@ladyroxanne
Thank you! It was really cool. I love New Orleans too! They know how to throw a party!
Regular Contributor

Yes - we are walking to a river cruise after the ceremony behind a band.  I thought about the shoe issue.

lolakimono - thank you for all the dresses.  I have seen some of them.  Shoot - I feel like I have seen every dress on the internet.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

You've got some great advice and lola's amazing pics to guide you! I just wanted to add that we went to a formal country club wedding last April. I wore a short straight sleeveless dress, navy with a peach bias cut neckline. I also wore a light lace jacket because it was a little chilly and I really don't "do" sleeveless a whole lot! Almost all of the female guests were in short dresses.

Have fun in NOLA - I'm going there more often these days! Smiley Happy