Honored Contributor

Re: Form fitting sheath dresses

Online ... you can find them online at LandsEnd, Chico's and even Hanes.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I like an A line as well but I'm seeing examples that aren't so different from a fit and flare!

this is my ideal A line

Image result for A Line Shift Dress 60s

I actually have this in my closet in silk.

Then there's the sexy sheath!

But there's something 'dressy' about the sheath that it's rarely work appropriate (in an office environment that is) so unless there's an occasion they don't get worn much!

A lines and fit and flairs are more practical since they can be worn more often...

@Andreatoo

This is the PERFECT "going out after work dress" !  

I used to wear this to the office with a sweater or blazer and it looks like business attire.  Take off the blazer, add dressy heels and earrings  ..... and you're ready for evening.   I love this style of dress!

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

It sounds more like a "scuba"  dress than a sheath.

sheaths come in scuba fabrications.  Here's one by Vince Camuto.

Product Image, click to zoom

Oh, I like this one.  Pretty!!

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

It sounds more like a "scuba"  dress than a sheath.

sheaths come in scuba fabrications.  Here's one by Vince Camuto.

3/4 sleeves to me does not describe a sheath dress.  

@lolakimono OP said with or without sleeves.  You said you thought she meant a sheath.  She means a "bodycon."  So, no it's NOT a sheath.  However, there are some sheaths with long sleeves.

LOVE!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Andreatoo, depending on the Sheath dress, a Blazer or Nice Cardigan can make it look just right.  I can't imagine doing anything sleeveless in Winter where I live, but women do it.  I'd be freezing my parts off.  LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
New Contributor

Her name is Desiree. She is a former and sometimes current It Cosmetics model who was recently promoted to It's director of education. I believe that Jackie used to go by that title. I am sure that Desiree is pretty thin, however when I am watching her today with Shawn my eyes keep being drawn to her tummy. Same thing happens with Jamie. I wish the 3 main representatives of It would heed your advice.

And speaking of Desiree, I have no doubt that she is probably a lovely person, however I can barely watch the It shows when she is in charge. Her overly enthusiastic speaking manner really gets to me. Even Shawn likened her one comment today about the mascara increasing lashed "500 %" to sounding like an infomercial. Really, I think Shawn had to laugh and imitated her. It wasn't mean spirited, but I think Shawn couldn't hold back her reaction. PLEASE Desiree, tone it down and also talk slower with less animation. I used to like the shows, can barely watch anymore.

Honored Contributor

IMO a sheath dress does not have to be super body conscious. I have a smaller waist with wider hips so sheath dresses are tricky. If I go up a size for fit in the hips it may be too big on top.  I prefer a dress that skims over my hips and doesn't cling tightly. A-line dresses and wrap dresses are more flattering on my shape. 

Contributor

I also noticed the fit and figure consequence.

Honored Contributor

Desiree look terrific in the dress tonight! Either she firmed up a little bit or she's wearing shapewear under the dress

Respected Contributor

I think they require a "perfect" figure.

I do not qualify.