Respected Contributor

Re: Form fitting sheath dresses

@silkyk wrote:

I think that if a sheath dress is SO darn tight (no names mentioned) that you can tell if your belly button is an inie or an outie....it's TOO tight. nuff said

I would agree.

Wondering who you have in mind!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Wayne-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative.

if the post is removed why is the rest of the tread still visable.  I really think if a thread goes sideways it all should go.  Just saying.

I'd like my thread to stay if you don't mind.

Nothing wrong with it.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I didn't see the presentation and don't know who you are talking about, but as far as the question in the OP...yes, I notice that all the time.  I'll see someone looking like she has a pooch in a dress, and I think to myself that I've seen her in a bikini and she has a perfectly flat stomach.  It's more noticeable straight on than from the side.  I don't wear a lot if dresses, but I'm always wondering if I look like that even though I don't see it in the mirror lol

Trusted Contributor

Desiree is wearing a duplicate of Jamie's infamous white dress.  The fit is the same as well.  Both accentuate abdomen and deflate the derriere and the effect is less than attractive. Jamie explained her superstitious nature.  She wears the very same pair of nude pumps every time she's on air too and is afraid of what will happen when they finally give way.  But why Desiree feels compelled to follow suit IDK.  We know they don't read these forum postings though don't we.  How many dozens of threads have discussed this dress.....

Esteemed Contributor

@cerb, I don't think they are wearing them too small.  I think designers are cutting them way you see them.  Some are extremely form fitting (depending on fabrication) and others are not so much.  Some may be custom made for celebs too.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tedEbear wrote:

The dictionary says a Sheath is a cover for a sword, a fitted dress, a condom.  A sheath can be: Strapless, Straps, ANY length of sleeve.  It is a fitted dress,  not necessarily a TIGHT dress, but not an A-line.   Then, whatever fabric they make it in. cotton, silk, scuba, knit.-----------------tedEbear

@tedEbear

Back in the day, I had a couple sleeveless sheath dresses that were a slightly A line .... so not too revealing in the tummy area.   Very flattering if your upper arms are good.    see below

Nowadays, many are so tight they border on the "stuffed sausage" look!

Respected Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Desiree is wearing a duplicate of Jamie's infamous white dress.  The fit is the same as well.  Both accentuate abdomen and deflate the derriere and the effect is less than attractive. Jamie explained her superstitious nature.  She wears the very same pair of nude pumps every time she's on air too and is afraid of what will happen when they finally give way.  But why Desiree feels compelled to follow suit IDK.  We know they don't read these forum postings though don't we.  How many dozens of threads have discussed this dress.....

I didn't know it was discussed before!  I guess I am not the only one who noticed!

Read an article that Jamie's company is worth $1.2 BILLION dollars, so I think she can stop with the superstition!

And get some different dresses too.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, you can still find them.  The one you posted is very very nice.  I can't wear something like this, though I would if I could.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I love sheath dresses. They are flattering if you have a defined waist and flat stomach. Of course it won't flatter if it doesn't fit properly.

I didn't see the presentation being discussed, so I have no opinion on that.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I like an A line as well but I'm seeing examples that aren't so different from a fit and flare!

this is my ideal A line

Image result for A Line Shift Dress 60s

I actually have this in my closet in silk.

Then there's the sexy sheath!

Image result for sleeveless sheath dress

But there's something 'dressy' about the sheath that it's rarely work appropriate (in an office environment that is) so unless there's an occasion they don't get worn much!

A lines and fit and flairs are more practical since they can be worn more often...