Respected Contributor

Looks like we'll be seeing tons of faux fur apparel this fall...

SusanG, SerenaW, IMAN and who know who else.

A little hear and there is OK but full down to the knees vests, that will absolutely put some bulk on you.

Respected Contributor

I thik a little goes a long way but it sure is fun to have that pop of the unexpected!

Honored Contributor

BRING IT!

For me, faux fur means the difference between being a hermit and being a human being during the winter months!

Honored Contributor

I'm all set ... I have a closet full - coats and jackets of all lengths.  I did have one vest ... but gave it away.  Just was NOT my look. 

I got my first faux in Macy's Herald Square in about 1962 ... and have been wearing them since (except for my19 winters on the West Coast).   

Most of what I have now are from Basso ... but there's one "linx" knee length that I bought elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

You might want to Google 'faux fur from China', many news organizations have done investigative reports analyzing 'faux fur', which turned out not to be faux at all, but a mixture of different animals' fur, including cat and dog.

We all know how horrible animals are treated in China, google the Yulin festival in China....but be warned it's horrific. You'll need a cast iron stomach and a heart made of stone.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I've seen some on QVC that look very nice. Would match up well with leather pants. I'm tempted for sure.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any (live in Miami) but I did order a quilted vest with what I thought was a removable faux fur collar.

It wasn't removeable AND it looked horrible on me! Not the fault of th faux fur but I did learn quilting is a bit tricky...

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Looks like we'll be seeing tons of faux fur apparel this fall...

SusanG, SerenaW, IMAN and who know who else.

A little hear and there is OK but full down to the knees vests, that will absolutely put some bulk on you.

Faux Fur has been "in" for a very long time now.  Some manufacturers have fined tuned their ability to make them look like real fur.  The technology gets better and better every year.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Faux fur is just one thing I can't stand.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I don't wear faux or real fur.