Respected Contributor
Now I get it. My idea of what's fitting on hosts, looks attractive, etc is outdated. I just saw fadion dos and don'ts expressed on MTV awards. Fashionista Kim K. wore rouched see-through dress off shoulder.... I thought for sure it would be a "don't" but it was heralded as fashionable . I thought it looked like someone had attacked her outside and they had a tousle. I guess this is why some find raccoon eyes hiding behind hair attractive. It's a different age. Sorry, I still think looking out together attractive.
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion trends and opinions

[ Edited ]

@twins mom wrote:
Now I get it. My idea of what's fitting on hosts, looks attractive, etc is outdated. I just saw fadion dos and don'ts expressed on MTV awards. Fashionista Kim K. wore rouched see-through dress off shoulder.... I thought for sure it would be a "don't" but it was heralded as fashionable . I thought it looked like someone had attacked her outside and they had a tousle. I guess this is why some find raccoon eyes hiding behind hair attractive. It's a different age. Sorry, I still think looking out together attractive.

I must congratulate you for being able to watch something like MTV awards!  

Respected Contributor

What anyone would define as fashionable in Hollywood these days falls really short in my opinion. They have no idea what glamour or fashion is. Showing up to an event half naked with see through clothes or something cut down to the navel where breast are sagging and hanging out is not fashion. Old Hollwyood Glamour is a thing of the past. It use to be amazing to see "Stars" on the red carpet and the gorgeous gowns and jewelry they would roll out in. Today they all look more like they fell out of bed and just grabbed something and slung it half over them. Style and Class are two words that don't exist on the award shows anymore.

Honored Contributor

Image result for kim kardashian mtv awards 2016

this must be her matronly look ! lol

What on earth is she doing to her face?? She's a different woman every time I see her!

Esteemed Contributor

The MTV awards (I caught some of it last night) are supposed to be 'out there' with fashion. It's fun watching train wrecks' of style, the next  look was wackier than the former!!! 

Honored Contributor

OMG---can you say--S-K-A-N-K--a true representation of the KarTRASHian way of life. I shouldn't be surprised but how in the world can she think THAT horrendous -------whatever it is---looks remotely acceptable for  public viewing. It's like trying hard not to look at a train wreck........

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac - you crack me up ! So funny and so true. Just wanted to say that before your post goes POOF : )
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

All of these red carpet events are staged for social media. It's about how many likes you can get so stage costumes and x rated clothing has become the norm for every event. Who even watches MTV or music videos?

Even if you never watch these types of "award" shows, it's hard to escape the hype and pix as the news media sites are loaded with them until the next event rolls around.