Honored Contributor

Fashion or fashion-less to clean, etc.

I don't know about others here, but I just can't clean, do household chores or yard work in my regular clothes!!!  I just don't feel comfortable.  I have to have looser, non-constricting items of clothing.  I don't want to look like a total slob - I don't mean that -- but I feel like I need almost to go up one size in order to be comfy while I am doing jobs at home.  Does anyone else feel this way?  

I have tried wearing my regular jeans, etc., and the bending over and reaching and stooping, etc., I just feel cranky and miserable.  I have a few knit items that are kind of older and these make a not so pleasant job feel a little less painful!

I am thinking about going to a second-hand shop and picking up a small "second" wardrobe just for this purpose.

So, maybe I will be fashion-less so that I can be a bit happier while I am doing the household chores I hate!  LOL! 

Just wondering what your thoughts were/are??? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion or fashion-less to clean, etc.

If I am cleaning whether it be inside or out, it's in clothes that are comfy meant for just that.  All my other clothes, be it jeans or work clothes, are my good clothes and I would not want them to get dirty or torn.

Respected Contributor

I cannot stand wearing tight clothes, so jeans I normally wear allow me to work and move around. They are not baggy, just a good fit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1, when I am out cutting the grass or working in the yard, especially, it's a t-shirt and Bermuda shorts. In this heat and humidity I am definitely not concerned with being a fashion plate! 😃 Inside housework is about the same. Nothing tight or constricting. 

Respected Contributor

I wear "work out" clothes - shorts and a short sleeved shirt to do house and yard work in.  Totally agree  - anything else is to restricting plus I don't want to ruin "regular" clothes.

Honored Contributor

I wear loungewear &/or old t-shirts and knit pants/workout and pants at home. If it is good enough to wear in public I don't wear it around the house. - I do live alone...

Respected Contributor

I don't wear "good" clothes to clean.  I wear yoga pants or shorts and a t shirt.   I have to be comfortable when I'm cleaning.  

I wear an apron when I cook because I don't want to get my tops stained.  

I'm really careful with my clothes.  I'm careful about how I launder them too. 

Honored Contributor

95% of the time, if I am at home, I am in some sort of athleisure wear.  That is what I clean in or do some yardwork in if I'm doing it during the week after work.

On a Saturday morning, it is not unusual for me to stay in my pajamas and clean the house.  

Respected Contributor

When I'm not outside I wear nightgowns. I am constantly cleaning, this way I am comfortable and don't ruin good clothes. I also learned the hard way to not wear jewelry. If the doorbell rings I put a robe on.

Respected Contributor

I am a certifiable slob when I am cleaning the house.