Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fall's Big Trends! Will You Be There?

I won't be doing any animal prints, let alone leopard print.  I do try to find colors that compliment my complexion as well as colors I just like.  Deep reds will be good for me.  I see that Olive green will still be a big deal this season.  I like to know about fashion trends, but I find this varies from designer to designer.  Last but not least, if I like it and can afford it, I'll buy it.  Doesn't matter what a maganize or haute couture designers say.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I'm always interested to see what the Big Trends are, but then I wear what I like and what makes me comfortable.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have been reading about the big designers.  Belanciga, Mui Mui, Chanel, Louis Vuitton.  Although you may not buy from them, they "set the pulse" for fashion.  Ready to wear companies see what  reoccuring trends appear then they make their version.

The big influences will come from these influences:  Leopard print slacks, blouses, and wool coats.  Worn alone with solids of course!  I even saw a calf length fur coat in leopard.  No, I wasn't tempted!

The bow blouse.  Yes, you've seen this before.  You can also take a scarf and tie it in a bow under the collar.  Very pretty design element and opportunity to bring in a touch of color or print!  Absolutely not

Herringbone and plaid.  This one is going big!  Double breasted blazers with matching pants were shown at several designers. I love both, but don't currently own any 

Military.  Lots of gold buttons.  Many blazers will be almost thumb length.  Many flap toped pockets and beautiful tailoring!  This look was shown at many houses and R lauren often mirrors them. Not interested

Prints.  Small, with an English garden air.  Shown in brocade knee high cloth boots. I own some already

Colors:  True red, cobolt blue which does well with any complection.  Grey will stay strong.  Jewel tones will be strong. Love jewel tones, but no red or blue. I do purple though

Puffer Coats.  We've seen this before and many prefer a paired down look. Nope

Wide belts will continue to be strong.  Corsets that laced were often seen over coats but probably at designers.  I think they will filter down in vests in a year or two. not really

Heavy boots as well as lady like. I already have a vast collection

Mixing prints.  Only if the colors match.  A black and white herringbone blouse and a black and white leopard print scarf.  Red wide belt (could be snake with a touch of black), and black slacks. Probably not, I mostly wear solids

Small, layered necklaces shown for the second year. no, but I don't wear necklaces much anyway

What will you wear?  I'm in for the jewel tone as well as the wide belts and leopard.  I have some in black and white and beige, brown.  I also love herringbone.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Let's see where pret a-porter takes the runway.

And if I like it, I'll buy it but not because it's 'on trend'; that doesn't factor in to my decision.

Trusted Contributor

- Love leopard print anything.

- Bow blouse, not sure. Haven't worn them regularly since the early 90's.

- Lover herringbone and plaid, as well as military-inspired anything.

- Small, floral prints remind me of Laura Ashley (80's).

- Puffer coats I will pass, love the few wide belts I do have. I got rid of a lot of my vintage belts during weight fluctuations years ago. Wish I still had them now.

- Always a fan of boots, any kind.

- jumped on the small necklace bandwagon late. I do have a couple I'll wear.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the fashion update.  I have pieces in my wardrobe that can be mixed with new pieces I purchase.  Since I love clothes, I am sure new items will be added to my wardrobe. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Wool coats are a trend and now "in"?  The heck?   Everyone in the entire world who lives in a cold climate has a wool coat and always has  Smiley Very Happy.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Okay..    So, pretty much everything we've all been wearing for our entire lives is "in" this season...lol   I don't follow or pay any attention at all to couture designers.  Not my lifestyle, not my price range.   I beginning to get all my fall catalogs and I've been surfing online shopping sites.  I'm seeing lots of fringe, particularly fringe on ankle boots.  Boot cut jeans and full leg (not palazzo) pants are everywhere too.  Which isn't "new" for me but it will be nice to have more selections.  And then there's the color; maroon, chianti, burgundy; every retailer calls it something different but it's THE color of the season.  Works for me because it's a color I like, I have always liked it.   This will not be a big shopping year for me.  I bought a lot last fall and I'm losing weight.  But I do have burgundy ankle boots and burgundy bag on my shopping list.  

Honored Contributor

In all honesty, I could not care less what the "big designors" are showing on the runway. I don't live that lifestyle. While I realize that what shows up in the departments stores/online/on shopping channels eventually is some form or someone else's idea of that. I just buy what looks good on me and what I like and am comfortable wearing. I already have most if not all, of what I will be wearing this season.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Wool coats are a trend and now "in"?  The heck?   Everyone in the entire world who lives in a cold climate has a wool coat and always has  Smiley Very Happy.  

I think she was saying that wool coats in leopard print were a trend.